PDA

View Full Version : How many strollers do you have??

lchang25000
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
And which ones do you have? My son is 5 months old and I think it's time to do some stroller research. I would like to have one that's lightweight for quick trips here and there and one that's more sturdy for walks on all sorts of terrain.

KHF
06-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Right now I have a 2007.5 Baby Jogger City Series Single, a 2008 Baby Jogger City Elite Double, a 2008 Peg Perego P3, a 2007 Maclaren Volo and I just sold a Bugaboo Frog.

Have owned a Bumbleride Flyer, a Zooper Swing and a Peg Perego Pliko Lite and sold those.

SnuggleBuggles
06-18-2009, 08:34 AM
2. I have my Metrolite which I use for everything except the rare jog. For that jog I have a running stroller that I picked up at a yard sale.

I am thinking about picking up a Volo though because I need something easy to maneuver on public transportation. If I weren't feeling cheap I would get the Quest though.

Beth

infomama
06-18-2009, 08:35 AM
We have 2. Our original stroller is a Peg Perego P3 and we purchased a Maclaren Triumph for Disney last year due to the high weight limit and portability. They have been great for our needs.

Snow mom
06-18-2009, 08:51 AM
I have a baby jogger city elite and a mac quest. I think that will last me unless we have a second DC.

mecawa
06-18-2009, 09:20 AM
I have two. A 2008 Baby Jogger and a 2005 Mac Triumph (that I may be replacing with a 2009 Mac Quest).

3isthelimit
06-18-2009, 09:35 AM
2 soon2be 3!!
2006 Bumbleride Flyer in Blossom-- bought new in 2006 thanks to review in BB, color is beautiful, but do not like very much otherwise (if any):(

2009 Phil & Ted Dash w/ doubles kit & Lazy Ted-- 2 weeks ago....so far--LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!:boogie:

Today---buying (what I think is great deal) a Bugaboo Cameleon in Pink with oodles of extras :yay:

bubbaray
06-18-2009, 09:49 AM
I have had 17 since DD#1 was born. Currently, I have a P3, BOB Revolution, Mac Volo, Esprit SpeedSun, Chariot Cavalier (for sale) and a Trek bike trailer. I just sold my MBUS and my BJCSD.

etaylor75
06-18-2009, 10:02 AM
We have a Bob Revolution Single, Bob Revolution Double, Joovy Ultralight Caboose Sit/Stand, and a Maclaren Quest.

Erin

dukie41181
06-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Two. I have a Mutsy 4Rider Light (which I LOVE) and a Maclaren Techno XT (which I also LOVE)! Thats totally sufficient for us!

HIU8
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I have 7.

1. universal carseat carrier (just sold it)
2. Mac quest
3. P3 (it's the workhorse stroller that stays in my car)
4. Mac twin rally (rarely used and was a hand me down)
5. BJCSD--my AT double that I used religiously last summer, but now DS doesn't want to go on walks. We use it for the zoo or a long trip if needed)
6. Instep Safari TT (got this before I knew anything about AT strollers--it's ok)
7. Baby Trend umbrella stroller (a gift from friends--only used indoors to calm someone or for the kids to use as a doll stroller).

arivecchi
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
My first stroller was a 2006 Valco Runabout Tri-Mode with a bassinet (great AT stroller). Once DS1 was a bit older, we got a 2007 Mac Triumph for travel and public transportation. Love that one as well. At my mom's we have a Peg Aria and don't like that one much.

Once I had DS2, I bought an Instep Safari Double. It was alright, but was lacking in many areas, so I sold it pretty much brand new. I then got a 2008 Baby Jogger City Classic Double and I love it. It is my favorite stroller so far.

codex57
06-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Bugaboo Cameleon, Inglesina Zippy, and Baby Jogger City Mini Double.

Even when the 2nd baby comes, I suspect the Zippy will still get the most use.

mrsjde
06-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Uppababy Vista, Bob ( 12' AW), Mac Triumph & Micralite.

The Micralite has been FABULOUS!

DebbieJ
06-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a Peg Perego P3 and a Maclaren Volo.

Oh, and my mom bought a Snap N Go for this baby.

citymama
06-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Two.

Inglesina Zippy is our main stroller.
Chicco Capri is our travel/lightweight stroller.

Don't see the need for any more!

GraceH
06-18-2009, 02:58 PM
1.5 -- my budget do-all Graco Mosaic stroller, plus a Schwinn bike trailer that has a third wheel attachment if I really wanted it as a stroller...

AJP
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
We have an 08 BJCMDouble and an 08 Valco TriMode Twin. We use the BJ as our "lightweight" all purpose and the Valco is our go to for walks and certain excursions or when I don't mind lifting it in & out of the SUV.
We also have a double Snap n Go that we will hopefully sell if a buyer ever comes along!

AnnieW625
06-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I have a Maclaren Triumph (2006), Dreamer Design Slingshot (fixed wheel 16", 2005), and a Uppa Baby Vista w/car seat adaptor (2007). This is the perfect combo of strollers for us, and should work for a second kid too. We'll probably end up with a buggy board for the Vista when we decide to have a second, and maybe a double jogger, but DD will be at least four by then so not sure if I'll do that or not (she still sits in her strollers now though so who knows?!)

MCsMom
06-19-2009, 01:07 AM
The fleet:

BJCM - love it!
BOB Revolution with the polymer wheels - use this the most!
Mac Quest - didn't really need this but was a great deal so I picked one up to use when we travel to Asia in November

Lusting after a Pliko Switch but we already have too many:D

MNmomtobe
06-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Too many.

We have:

Peg Perego P3
Peg Perego stroller frame (the name escapes me) with reversible elegante seat
Maclaren Easy Traveller frame
Maclaren Ryder
Maclaren Volo
BOB Revolution
Zooper Twist

DH mentioned last weekend that we should only have the P3 and the BOB and to sell all the others. Yeah, there is NO WAY I'm selling the Macs! I could drop-kick the Twist to the curb and sell the PP stroller frame/seat but the Macs must stay. :) Besides, they take up very little storage space!

In all seriousness, if I had to have just one, I could probably get by with just the P3. It is nice to have something lighter like the Mac Ryder or the Volo (for older kiddos) but it isn't necessary.

vahnessuh
06-19-2009, 04:10 AM
We had the SnugRider for the first 3 months.

Then we bought a Bugaboo Cameleon. We love that stroller!

Then we got tired of transfering the Cameleon from my car to my husband's... so we bought an Inglesina Zippy off of Ebay for $100. It was worth every penny.

Since my family is in Vancouver, BC... and my husband's is in Hawaii, we bought a Maclaren Volo for travel.

And we are all set. No need for another one. When we have another baby, we're just going to add on a wheeled board for the Cam. I'd say just go and spend the money for one good stroller so you won't have to buy so many.

Melbel
06-19-2009, 07:37 AM
We currently have 3 strollers for DD2:

BJCM
BJ Q Series jogging stroller
Mac Volo (from DS and DD1)

We initially had purchased a Cortina to use with our Keyfit but found that it was too cumbersome and heavy for me to load in/out of the SUV so I sold it and replaced it with the BJCM.

sunshine873
06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
2 strollers (soon to be 3) for 1 baby.

1 - Baby Trend Snap 'n Go. Terrible (I mean terrible) steering, but super-convenient for quick trips with an infant.

2 - BJCE (2009) in Red. Gorgeous, so easy to steer, I'm in love with the sunshade and fold. I love it and DD does too!

Thinking of buying: Mac Quest to replace the Snap 'n Go once we're done dragging the car seat around, or for longer shopping trips.

WatchingThemGrow
06-19-2009, 05:10 PM
1. 2006 Bugaboo Cameleon - using it for the 3rd time as a bassinet, love the wheeled board and flexibility
2. 2006 Mac Triumph
3. 2008 BJCED
4. 2009 BJCMD - got it only b/c the Elite Double was too much for my pg self to lift daily- was free to me
5. on the way for $200 :) BJ Q-Series TRIPLE - yikes - from a friend's bike shop b/c we can walk everywhere from our house on paved wide trails. Like right now, we're going to dinner and are taking strollers #1 and #3

poppy
06-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I have 2. An Uppababy for neighborhood strolling / going to restaurants and the Quinny Zapp for travel/mall.

I have stroller envy for the Bob, but 2 is more than enough.

BeachBum
06-19-2009, 07:18 PM

P3
MBUS
Combi

Double Snap N Go
MBUD
Peg Perego Tender

and I hope to get a BJCMD

shoxie
06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
We have four (and my DH thinks it's too many!):

- graco snugridger frame that's been used for both kiddos
- bob revolution single (LOVE this stroller) - we first had a Frog which I adored, but got the BOB due to it's jogging ability; it's the absolute smoothest ride out there!
- phil & ted's sport w/doubles kit (let-down from the BOB, but great double for cities to be able to get through tight spaces)
- mac volo

I've been debating getting some sort of tandem double with the sit-n-stand option or a BOB revolution double, but so far neither has happened!

gatorsmom
06-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I always swore I'd only have 1 or 2 strollers max. But then I had more kids than I planned on! LOL We have:

2003 MBUS
2005 MBUD
2007 ABC Twin Everest with double add-on kit
2007 Double Snap N Go
2009 Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport

I've actually used them all (well, not the Jeep yet, but will be using it alot this fall) to death, so I guess in the long run, I don't feel so bad about having so many.

WatchingThemGrow
06-20-2009, 03:12 AM
I always swore I'd only have 1 or 2 strollers max. But then I had more kids than I planned on! LOL .

EXACTLY! I could have lived with the Cameleon and Triumph, but the other kid came along and I needed a double. Then, the 3rd kid came along quickly and I couldn't lift my double, so I needed a lightweight double. I say I don't need the triple, but we'll see how much it gets used.

Should we make a formula to justify having one stroller more than the number of kids you have? So...I'd be entitled to 4. You'd be entitled to 5. Bubbaray and SQ better go make more babies!

zag95
06-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Used a free stroller frame with infant car seat
2008 Mac Quest
2008 BJCC single- in RED- love it.....

That's it..... luckily.... I have been able to resist temptations!

gatorsmom
06-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Should we make a formula to justify having one stroller more than the number of kids you have? So...I'd be entitled to 4. You'd be entitled to 5. Bubbaray and SQ better go make more babies!

:ROTFLMAO: That works great for me. Better get to it Bubbaray and SQ!