PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Ted Travel Bed

peachey
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Costco.com has the Phil & Teds travel bed for $99 right now. We're doing a lot of traveling this summer and DS has NEVER EVER slept in his pack n'play (even when he was a newborn!). I thought we might try this option. Does any one have experience using it? One trip we'll need to bring it in our luggage and it claims to be that small when folded up which would be great and it has a self inflating mattress. My son is also on the larger side for 13 months - 31 inches and 25 pounds. They claim the Phil & Teds is a full size bed........I just can't believe it....... Is it worth the money? I saw it on Amazon for $160......

Thanks!

infomama
06-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Costco's return policy is so awesome that I would say buy it, use it and return it if he hates it. If you can swing it, I would get the Bjorn Travel Crib http://www.amazon.com/BabyBj%C3%B6rn-Travel-Crib-Light-Blue/dp/B000XDYLEK/ref=pd_sbs_ba_3.

peachey
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
i ordered it and we have some time to set it up at home to see if he even fits in it :-) hopefully it will work at least for the summer and then for baby #2. i'll review once we use it a couple of times.

infomama
07-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Did you get to use it yet? Wondering how it is....

jenjosf
07-09-2009, 02:10 AM
we have one and used it when DS was 18 months. It's OK. It's a little complicated to set up but it is compact enough to fit in a suitcase. The "inflatable" mattress is not that inflatable. It's like a really thick diaper changing pad. It was nice in that we didn't have to rent a crib and he didn't have to sleep in the same bed as us.

aajamu
07-16-2009, 04:12 PM
I have one. Agree that it is not easy to set up. Takes at least 7 minutes or so and you need to be patient the first few times. That being said, it's a lot longer than a Pack and Play so you can use it up to 3 1/2 years or so (longer if your kid is on the petite side).

The pad is not thick, but neither is the Pack and Play Pad. In fact, I'm not sure how any kid can sleep on either of those flimsy pads, but they seem to sleep well, so go figure. The biggest issue for me was finding sheets that fit. Mr. Bobble's nap mat sheets fit more or less, though they do come loose a bit if you have a toss-and-turner. Pack and Play sheets are a little easier to find. I like the netting you can zip on top, too, keeps the bugs (mosquitos) out.

I wish it was easier to set up and a bit wider. It does fit in luggage and is not bulky. It would also be nice if it came with matching sheets. But for $99, go for it. I paid nearly $150.