PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts and Maine TJ Maxx/Marshalls - has anyone seen Maclarens there?

SarahBoston
06-18-2009, 12:54 PM
After seeing a few threads on here I thought I'd try to look for some in some local TJ's, Marshall's and Home Goods...so far nothing. Have any of you seen any recently in the Boston area? Or even in Maine (I'll be up there this weekend). I have asked the store managers too and they said they rarely get them in? Is this true?
Thanks in advance. Sarah

Twoboos
06-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I saw one at Marshalls in Westboro, Ma, maybe a week ago? It was only one. I think it was a Volo and I want to say $139?? (which I remember thinking seemed high.) But don't quote me on that... my memory is very bad lately!!

GL!

mjmamma
06-18-2009, 02:31 PM
It sounds odd as I write it but I saw one about a month back at the Homegoods (in the childrens room/bedding./decor section) in Danvers. I didn't check the price though...

bubbaray
06-18-2009, 02:37 PM
$139 for a Volo is NUTS.

Albeebaby regularly has them for under $100. Target had them last year for $25. I'm not a fan of the Volo, but even if I was, there is no way it is worth $139.

SarahBoston
06-18-2009, 02:43 PM
can you guys please post what/where you saw them? I will run out and get it if you tell me quickly...I plan to hit a couple of TJ Maxx and Marshalls on the way home. Thanks again.

Twoboos
06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
$139 for a Volo is NUTS.

Albeebaby regularly has them for under $100. Target had them last year for $25. I'm not a fan of the Volo, but even if I was, there is no way it is worth $139.

yah, I'm not totally sure that was the price. I glanced quickly while repeating to myself, "IDoNotNeedAStroller.IDoNotNeedAStroller.: :)

Carrots
06-18-2009, 03:48 PM
It sounds odd as I write it but I saw one about a month back at the Homegoods (in the childrens room/bedding./decor section) in Danvers. I didn't check the price though...

I saw this exact stroller at the Danvers HGs and started a thread on it a couple of weeks ago. It was a Maclaren 4 Seasons for 199.99. I haven't been back to the store since, though. I was at Marshals and TJ's in Swampscott 2 days ago and glanced to see if there were any Macs, but didn't see any.

charmcitymom
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
It was strange but I saw the Volo a the TJ MAxx at the same price as the Techno XLR. I assumed that was an error since there is no way they should be the same price. It seems that this error gets repeated elsewhere.

I've found most great things at TJMaxx are hit or miss. You have to get lucky.

srkaplan
06-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I haven't seen one yet, but thought I'd save you some time with where NOT to look: I've recently been to TJ Maxx in Dedham, and Marshalls in Newton & Watertown and there were no Maclarens to be found.

SarahBoston
06-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks, Suzanne, for letting me know! I am stopping off in Somerville tonight at both TJMaxx and Marshall's and I'll report back.

AJP
06-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I also saw the Mac in Danvers Home Goods. It was at the very early part of May/end of April. Haven't been since though.

SarahBoston
06-18-2009, 09:10 PM
The Marshalls on Boylston St in Back Bay does not have any strollers. I didn't make it to Somerville tonight.

mjmamma
06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
So, a bunch of us are cruisin that HG in Danvers, not knowing each other..I'm the one talking to myself :)

AJP
06-19-2009, 09:06 AM
So, a bunch of us are cruisin that HG in Danvers, not knowing each other..I'm the one talking to myself :)

Me too! But I pretend its the babies I'm talking to.

Carrots
06-19-2009, 10:46 AM

Me too. Or I can be seen removing items from DD's hands that she has swiped off the shelves from her stroller when I wasn't looking.

Twoboos
06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
OK, I revisited TjMaxx, Marshalls and HG in Westboro today. (Any excuse to visit those 3!)

Marshalls has the volo w/canopy for $79.99 (seems more reasonable than my foggy memory) in Turkish stripe.
GL!

Tnstrainor
06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I saw one in Stoneham Marshall's.

tentoes
06-21-2009, 01:13 AM
About two months ago I saw a Volo (I think it was) at the TJM/HG in by Intracoastal Mall, near NMB, in FL. It was boxed so I couldn't tell what model it was and wasn't in the market for one so didn't check. It was about $79 (momnesia..sorry).

For anyone looking, they're not usually set up but still sealed in box in the kids section, usually near the toys.

czekit7
06-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Probably not what you're looking for, but I found a Maclaren Baby Carrier (Techno) originally priced at $79.99 for $29.99 at the Lewiston/Auburn (ME) TJ Maxx. They also had Carter "swaddle outfits" (forgot what they were called) for $7.99 and a few Grobags for $14.99. No strollers or car seats this week tho.
Jenn

neeleymartin
06-28-2009, 03:37 PM
there was one at the tjmaxx in orleans about month ago. i thin $149. not up on macs but i think it said "mod" something. black with grey/silver dots. hth