PDA

View Full Version : Breast pads--your favs?

DebbieJ
06-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Disposable or reusable--what are you favorite breast pads?

Momof3Labs
06-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Cloth were great with DS1 but I leaked straight through them with DS2. I used Lansinoh disposable but bought some J&J ones this time to try as they have a strong following. The Lansinoh still showed through clothes more than I liked. I can give you a few of each to try, if you want.

bubbaray
06-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I liked the Gerber ultrathin ones, not sure if they are sold in the US. They were the thinnest I found that d/n leak.

Kash
06-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Loved Lansinoh ...I tried quite a few but always came back to Lansinoh. Hated Medela ones... i think they are much small esp for the nights.

jgenie
06-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Loved Lansinoh ...I tried quite a few but always came back to Lansinoh. Hated Medela ones... i think they are much small esp for the nights.
:yeahthat:

twowhat?
06-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Have used re-usables, lansinoh's and JJ's. For disposables, I love JJ's. They are a bit smaller in diameter, and thicker, but SOFT. The Lansinoh ones are thin but not as soft, and I found the edges to be really irritating. The edges on JJ's pads are super-soft. I use JJ's disposables whenever I use lanolin, because lanolin is very hard to get out of re-usable pads (requires lots of boiling water, and Dawn dishwashing liquid).

I have plain cotton re-usable pads too, and I use these whenever I don't use lanolin. They work fine if you don't leak a ton.

DebbieJ
06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Cloth were great with DS1 but I leaked straight through them with DS2. I used Lansinoh disposable but bought some J&J ones this time to try as they have a strong following. The Lansinoh still showed through clothes more than I liked. I can give you a few of each to try, if you want.

Well, it's likely that I won't even need them (not getting my hopes up) so we'll see if I need to borrow.

I just want to throw some on the registry just in case. I can always return them or give them to you!

smiles33
06-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I used only disposable ones due to using lanolin (as I had really sore nipples for a while). I am also lazy about having to wash re-useable ones. I liked the J&J ones and Gerber for DD1, but much prefer the Lansinoh ones this time. The JJ ones are thick and soft (which hides the outline of your nipples), but I found they'd stick to my nipples when I had cracks/blisters and sometimes when milk dried on them. That never happens w/my Lansinoh ones.

tarnator
06-18-2009, 04:14 PM
for disposibles definately Lansinoh!

But I have found a few good vendors on Hyena Cart for custom made washable ones. The ones I like are bamboo velour with an outside of PUL (waterproof) - I just throw them in the regular wash. They are great cuz you can get the size you need! I ordered a larger size than you can get in the stores so that I don't get that goofy circle showing through my clothes.

Also I like that they can then be used as makeup remover pads when I am done with breastfeeding. They have already paid for themselves!

hellokitty
06-18-2009, 06:26 PM
If you get the cloth ones, make sure you stick them in a lingerie zippered bag if you put them through the washing machine. One of my cloth breast pads got sucked into our machine and cause a bit of a flood in our laundry room. I got really lucky that I caught it before it flooded the kitchen too.

kijip
06-19-2009, 02:00 AM
I stocked up on cloth ones this time but hate them all, in all the various brands. They are too thick and show through all my shirts. I used the Lansinoh ones when I was smart enough to remember them. Mostly I just leaked and changed my shirts a lot. :ROTFLMAO:

MCsMom
06-19-2009, 02:33 AM
I always used Lansinoh. There are 2 different ones. The regular ones and the extra soft. The extra soft ones cost a bit more but they were worth it to me.
I also used the ointment and I used to put a bit right on the pads before placing it on my nipples. It helped so much especially in the first 2 months of nursing which was HE!! on earth for me.

I also hear good things about J and J aside from the board ;)

Am still nursing but haven't really needed the pads anymore...