PDA

View Full Version : S/0: Any Mishaps at your Wedding?

MommyofAmaya
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Reading the "don't PO a bride" comment in the "No kids allowed" thread brought back some not-so fond memories of our wedding day.

We were married at a resort in Playa del Carmen with about 20 guests in attendance (all immediate family and the bridal party, who were very close friends). Everything went without a hitch throughout the ceremony. Afterwards we went to finish taking photos. I passed my purse off to my bridesmaids who were seated, presumably waiting, in a nearby gazebo. We came back 20 minutes later to find that the bridesmaids had run off-- with our room key! It was 30 minutes prior to our reception and instead of spending those precious moments together, we had to run around an enormous resort in 100 degree weather searching for our key. We finally found the bridesmaids taking shots at the bar at the other end of the resort. We had less than five minutes to cool off in our room before running to the reception. Needless to say, we were still sweaty and anxious.

DH probably mentions at least monthly that he "wants that 30 minutes back." In this case it would be "don't PO a groom". I can't say that I have completely let it go either though.

Did anyone else experience minor mishaps on their wedding day they can't forget about?

nov04
06-19-2009, 10:12 AM
What didn't happen at our wedding????

bridesmaids (my sisters) fought loudly with each other at midnight and barely spoke to each other the next day. They spent the morning getting ready like it was their prom instead of helping me out. I ended up having to go to walmart that morning to get last-minute gifts because I couldn't find them.

mil refused to allow the photographer to get a few shots of them at home before the wedding. She was too busy with other things.

My stylist took a 1/2 hours complaint call during my styling and complained to me about her client not being thankful enough to her. I knew if I said anything she'd take off. So I kept my mouth shut and had her kicked out of the house by my parents when she was done.

The chauffeur called me for directions during my styling. This was despite the fact that dh had emailed the company with directions (even that was more than they should have needed!). He took all the backroads to the church before the ceremony and drove us to the wrong reception location.

our wedding bands went missing the morning of. They had been sitting on dh's dresser at his parent's house and mil accidentally moved them into the basement with other stuff to accomodate guests. dh sent in the bm minutes before the ceremony to inform me. We got married with the rings of ppl we don't get along with!

Our flower order was messed up and my sisters had to be reminded to keep track of them, they were too busy primping.

Despite discussing with the minister beforehand that we would not be ringing the church bell, he "forgot" and added 10 minutes onto our already horribly stretched schedule.

My bag with all my extra stuff went missing and i had to write my speech during dinner.

fil decided it was appropriate to read his family's prayer. It was old-fashioned and said in a joking way but it actually contained something like "damn the "surname"'s" and there were ppl with the same surname on my side!!!!! Luckily they thought it was cute. I was mortified.

The bartenders (of our open bar!) put out a tip jar for my guests despite us paying a required 15% gratuity. Didn't find this out until weeks later.

There were lots more smaller things, I've conveniently forgotten them over time.

and making everything else seem trivial, my Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer the month before. He and my mother kept it secret until the month after (I will always be thankful to them for that even though I wished I'd known). I couldn't figure out why Dad looked so scared at the wedding, he liked my dh lots. You can even see it in pics. He died this past March, 4 cancer battles and just short of 7 years later.

Overall, the wedding went well and ppl still talk about how much fun it was. I really do have great memories of it and how much ppl liked being there. But it was really stressful being there that day!

sarahsthreads
06-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't know if anyone can top this one:

Two days before our wedding, DH came down with...
wait for it...
CHICKEN POX!

The man's mother used to be a *kindergarten* teacher, and none of her three children had chicken pox before adulthood. WTF?!?!?!?

At DH's insistence we went ahead with the ceremony and reception because there were a bazillion out-of-town guests already traveling (pretty much all on DH's side). But we did notify everyone and had a couple of people not come. Poor guy was super uncomfortable in his tux. :( But our best man works in theater, so he came armed with makeup (DH had more makeup on than I did!) and our photographer was great - you really can't tell in most of the pictures that DH is all spotty. :)

The priest had a good laugh about us having the "in sickness" part down of "in sickness and in health". Funny guy, huh?

But our fairy tale honeymoon to Ireland of all places had to be postponed - we went for our first anniversary instead. Everyone thought we were nuts to buy trip insurance, but I am *so* glad we did. We were able to reschedule everything for the next year with no hassle at all!

Everyone said stuff like "Oh, you'll laugh about this someday!" Can't say I *laugh* about it, really, but it's not like it ruined our lives or anything. Luckily it's a mostly distant memory at this point. And I do have a very unique story to tell about wedding mishaps. :)

Sarah :)

infomama
06-19-2009, 10:56 AM
We got married 10 days after 9/11 so about 10 of our out of town family members didn't come which was tough because our family isn't that big.

My wedding cake was so fresh that the top layer of the cake kind of broke and slid down the back of the cake. My bridesmaids caught it, fixed it before I could see it and told me about it only after we cut the cake.

One of my bridesmaids hated her hair-do so much that she went in the bathroom and cried. Luckily we were still at the salon and the owner fixed it. I heard about that at the reception...poor girl.

The DJ forgot to bring our first dance song. I had to send one of DH's friends back to our house to get the CD.

Other than that...the day was perfection.

billysmommy
06-19-2009, 11:03 AM
The drummer of the Irish band we had for our reception hurt his back lifting the drums out of his van. He couldn't stand/sit/etc ~ the only comfortable position was lying down. When we were introduced into the reception for our first dance, he was lying down on the floor behind the drums (They did have a back-up drummer) They ended up having to call an ambulance for him and they brought the stretcher in across the dance floor, put him on and wheeled him out. The funny thing is over half the people at the reception never knew this happened ~ my brother and his friends walked along next to the stretcher so no one could see it. Our photographer did snap a couple pictures of it :) He ended up having a lumbar fusion 2 days later.

We still see him occasionally as he and my uncle are in the same Irish band and he always jokes about it. The running joke is he hurt his back at a wedding full of MD's, DC's and PT's :)

pb&j
06-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Not exactly a mishap, but the officiant who married us (we eloped and hadn't met the officiant prior) tried to get us to sign up for couples' massage lessons with him! And then he gave us a Bible. Oh, and after strict instructions to him that we wanted a non-denomenational ceremony, he married us in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Uh, I'm Jewish. :hysterical:

It certainly was memorable! We laugh about Rev. Bob all the time.

mamicka
06-19-2009, 11:17 AM
There were quite a few but they were all minor & laughable even on the day. The one big one - which we also thought was laughable on the day - our pastor read us the wrong vows. I remember repeating after him & thinking to myself - gee, this doesn't sound familiar. But I figured, WTH - these are nice vows, too. They all basically say the same thing anyway. DH was so nervous I don't think he noticed at all.

cvanbrunt
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Nothing too major. Our bartender didn't show up. It wasn't a problem finding someone who knew how to tap a keg :). Plus one of my friends was a bartender at the time so she took over. I never noticed this but my nephew, who was three at the time, was fascinated with my big dress. During the toast, he was on the floor, scooting under my dress and back out. He couldn't see my legs and was checking for them! People were giggling through the toast and I couldn't figure out why.

AnnieW625
06-19-2009, 11:41 AM
We ended up being one table short because we didn't have assigned seats and ended up with a few open spots at two or three tables. We also had a Bar Nazi tending bar. We provided all of the alcohol for the hosted bar and she was suppose to just serve, but she wasn't very friendly. Other than those two things everything went off without a hitch!

lilycat88
06-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Nothing major, really. Our issues were mostly BEFORE the wedding.

We booked the church in October for a wedding the following October. We found out in FEbruary that the coordinator, for some reason, had TWO calenders and had double booked the date/time. He said we could do it with no problem since there was 2 hours between the start of ours and the start of the other one. Um...no. We did a very formal service that lasted 60 minutes on the dot and I wasn't going to hustle out of the church so that the other couple could decorate. We ended up going to my DHs church and it was actually a better venue anyway. I also ended up leaving the church I had been a member of for over 10 years.

Our organist was almost deported. We didn't find out until everything was resolved that the reason I had so much trouble getting in touch with him in the days prior to the wedding was that he was in Chicago working on visa issues.

My estranged uncle sent back an emphatic "decline" on the response card. Apparently, he was at the reception. I never saw him personally but lots of people did. Apparently, he still denies being there. It's not that I care but it's just strange.

bluestar2
06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
deleted.....

sunshine873
06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
My wedding was to die for. It was beautiful. DH, me and all of our guests had a blast. There was one almost large problem as I walked down the aisle. The church had candelabras that attached to the edge of the pews with braces that went down to the floor. My dress had a long, wide train. Catching on yet? Yup, you guessed it. As I walked, the train swept out and grabbed onto the base of a candelabra. I felts something tugging lightly on my dress, but I just pulled a little harder and crash went the whole contraption! Thankfully, my uncle was right there and he stamped out the candle before any damage happened! We laughed about it then (what else are you going to do) and we still laugh about it today.

lovin2shop
06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Our rehearsal was cut very short by our Priest and it made things quite confusing since there wasn't any time to really rehearse. And, my bridesmaids were late and they missed the whole thing. The reason it was so short -

Our priest had to get to the horse track because his horse (purchased for him by the congregation) was running that night.

I was not pleased.

infocrazy
06-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Nothing too big, the wait staff broke one of our toasting glasses during cleanup but what are you going to do. They felt terrible and did tell me right away.

The funniest one though is that all the GM got ready at our house and came in two cars. DH was the last one out and closed the door to set the alarm...opened it and found that that both cars had left without him! They didn't realize it until they got to the church! DH just drove himself in our truck!

g-mama
06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Not nearly as exciting as many of the others, but when my dh and I were walking down the steps from the altar after lighting the marriage candle, I tripped and fell down the stairs. There was a huge, audible gasp from the congregation. Luckily, dh caught me before I landed completely on the floor. The priest made a joke and said, "Well, we all knew Kristen had fallen for Rico and this just proves it!" My veil fell partly off my head and so it was a bit cockeyed for the rest of the ceremony. So embarassing! :o

bubbaray
06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Not my wedding, but I was a guest at a cousin's wedding in a small town where the sister of the groom (my cousin) got into a FIST FIGHT with their mother (mother is a crazy drunk). Seriously. Police were called and IIRC they booked the mother.

It was like the stereotypical white trash hicktown wedding.... Not that they were white trash, but it just turned out that way. It was one of the first (and only) family functions that my DH attended with my nutty family.

niccig
06-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Our wedding was great - it was very simple on the beach wedding at Maui. I was going to go buy flowers the morning of, and couldn't find any at the local florist that would be nice. My sister suggested a lei wrapped around my hand, brilliant idea and I knew where to get it - SAFEWAY. Yep, my wedding flowers came from the supermarket.

My mother was POed that a friend of mine was invited to the Family dinner party the night before, as it was just supposed to be family. MIL organised that at a restaurant and she invited my friend. I was fine with it, and let Mum be POed.

My sisters wedding in Wales. Where do I start. I was 5 months pregnant and found out the day before the wedding that my breasts had doubled in size and I couldn't do up my dress - Mum had to do some creative sewing, so I didn't flash the congregation. How about the groom having "Help Me" written on the soles of his shoes so we could all see when they knelt down. But the reception takes the cake....people in Wales drink a LOT. Not just tipsy, but rip roaring drunk. A groomsman was heckling my father as he did his speech. My mother than got up to talk and put on her teacher's voice and dared him to say one word as she was talking - he was smart and didn't. One of the groomsman got up on a table and did a strip tease down to his tighty whiteys. My family have been to some boisterous weddings, but this one was unbelievable. My sister and her husband are no longer married, so we no longer have anything to do with that family. I don't think we could cope with another wedding like that.

belovedgandp
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Nothing too traumatic, but the continued MIL craziness. They were 45 minutes late to rehearsal because they had to stop and buy my SIL a dress for the wedding.

MIL was too distracted trying to order concert tickets on her cell phone in the gathering area of the church to be available for pictures before the ceremony.

Jacksmommy2b
06-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Our wedding was on April 24th, so we went to get our license two weeks before. In PA a marraige license is valid for 30 days, so no problems right? Well our pastor, who otherwise rocked, filled out all the paperwork with the marraige date of MAY 24th.

Minutes after our wedding in the limo DH and I realized that according to the state of PA our marriage wasn't valid because due to the paperwork our license had expired by the time of the ceremony.

DH and I just laughed at the idea of getting the big party without all the marriage business, and called the pastor from the limo.

He was mortified and luckily hadn't mailed anything off yet, so he was able to fix all the dates. Thank god we caught it when we did, I can't imagine what we would have had to do otherwise.

Cam&Clay
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM
For my first wedding, we think the organist was drunk. I only heard the music as I walked down the aisle, but when you watch the "unedited" video (they had to dub over her playing in the final video), it's like she is just banging on random keys. One of the cameras caught the facial reaction of the congregation to each of her mistakes. Pretty funny.

My ex-DH's jaw locked when he bent down to kiss me for the first time. I kissed air.

My second wedding, two years ago yesterday, was perfection. It was in someone's backyard with about 25 people there. None of the hoopla from the first, so there are fewer chances for things to go wrong.

lizajane
06-19-2009, 03:52 PM
we had no mishaps. a train whistle went off in the middle of my ceremony, but everyone thought it was a great sign! i didn't even notice it. i was busy. ;) and we had a major electrical storm, but it was gorgeous and made for some beautiful colors in the sky. we didn't get to have our outdoor bar, which made the photos challenging (that is where the guests were supposed to go to get our of the way of the photos) but we had plenty of room inside for everyone, so we didn't need the outside space. it may have been to hot on june 17 in VA anyway, even at 8pm

ewpmsw
06-19-2009, 04:02 PM
I researched the heck out of the local businesses and thought I'd found good, reliable companies for our wedding. I didn't go cheap for everything or break the bank and I confirmed with each company during the week prior to our wedding. The stuff that bugs me is petty, but still. When you pay that much money planning your wedding and invest so much time and effort, you expect companies to do a good job, right?

The limo was late and very old - Not what we paid for. DH was freaking out about it throughout the ceremony b/c he knew I'd be ticked when we left the church and saw it. It looked like something out of the '80's and didn't have the moon roof so we could make our happy departure, waving through clouds of bubbles.

The florist promised to give us specific flowers for our flower communion and got them totally wrong. Also, she was unable to provide the mini-roses we'd requested for our centerpieces and called at the last minute to promise that she'd replace them with something equally lovely. She chose geraniums, which smell very strong, and left them in the crappy plastic pots from the box-store garden center. The pots were dirty and the plants had no flowers on them. No exaggeration: NO FLOWERS, just stalks and stems and dirty pots. These did not compare with the arrangements we'd paid for.

The DJ was from Choice Entertainment in Richmond, VA. He seemed very promising when we interviewed him and watched him at another event. Oh, the DJ. We let it go when he was a no-show at our first appointment, which he pushed us to book, then told us he'd never have booked it because it was his anniversary. He lost his notes and didn't bother to tell us until after the reception, after he'd been paid. We gave written feedback to Choice Entertainment, but they didn't respond. The dances and things we'd planned went out the window. He got our first dance right, but the dance with my father was to an old Irish dirge about a dead guy and the other things we'd planned (recognizing the couple who'd introduced us, recognizing our parents) didn't happen.

The Glen Allen Cultural Arts Center promised 1)DH and I could take a picnic basket of food with us after the reception and 2)There would be no tacky tip jar on the bar, as we paid a very nice gratuity in advance. Neither of these things were honored. The picnic basket thing was one of their big "personal touches" for the bride and groom, but the kitchen manager told my maid of honor it was not allowed. When I contacted the coordinator afterwords with feedback, she informed me I should have pushed the issues harder and insisted on talking to a manager myself. You know, because I had so much time to do that at my own wedding reception.:hopmad:

wellyes
06-19-2009, 04:39 PM
In our Jamaican wedding, there was a rooster crowing throughout the vows. We just kept laughing and laughing. It "ruined" it but that's OK, it was in keeping with the spirit of the event - casual, silly, fun, and kinda random.

elektra
06-19-2009, 04:59 PM
My wedding was pretty low-pro so there was less to go wrong and nothing really did go wrong that I can recall!
But I was a bridesmaid in a wedding once that had a ton of mishaps.
First of all, the bride broke her foot the day before the wedding and had to limp down the aisle in a boot.
Then the bride and all the bridesmaids were drinking red wine before the pictures and we didn't realize it at the time but all our teeth were that greyish-purple-post-wine-drinking color in all the pictures.
One of the bridesmaids also leaked breastmilk all over her dress.
There were some pro football players in the wedding party, and one of their cheesy girlfriends (who was the sign-in book attendant) showed up in the sluttiest dress ever- one of those cleavage literally down to the belly button numbers. Well the bride was upset and so the groom had his groomsman tell the girlfriend to change. The funny thing is that the backup dress was not a whole lot better!
Then one of the bridesmaids who the bride knew was the dramatic type but felt compelled to include her, got in a huge fight with her boyfriend (grooms brother and father of her kids) and cried and it was just a huge distraction.

nupe
06-19-2009, 05:45 PM
DH was supposed to "arrive" at the wedding locale on a horse, and his mother insisted that if he was a man, he would arrive on a horse! Due to zoning, insurance, and who knows what else, that wasn't an option, so we arranged for him to "arrive" in a carriage drawn by 2 horses. We also decided since we were having the horse and carriage come out that we could "depart" the wedding for a carriage ride.

Horses and carriage didn't show. Waiting, waiting, waiting. No phone call.Unable to reach horse folks. Finally decided to skip the horse thing, so then DH + friends and family very upset. And of course wedding very late. Turns out the horse or the carriage driver was sick. They sent a single subtitue horse late, and the substitue carriage driver was wearing a tshirt and jeans. They just made it for our ride around the block.

JTsMom
06-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Nothing too major. We got married on the beach in Key West. The morning of the wedding, I awoke to the sound of patio furniture blowing over- 40+ mph winds, totally out of nowhere! It made for some cute pics though.

gatorsmom
06-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I had forgotten about this. While DH and I were saying our vows, a cat crawled under my dress. The church was in the middle of nowhere but there was a little house on the church property and the cat belonged to the home owner. It was a really playful kitten and it crept into the church through the open front doors. Apparently the kitten found it's way to my dress because I felt something playing with my leg, sort of batting at it. I kind of leaned down and brushed the cat away (I was sure he'd get his claws hooked in my pantyhose). He just went running and the other 4 people in the church (we eloped) all laughed. I had my picture taken with the cat afterwards in my wedding dress. :p

luvmypeanut
06-19-2009, 08:23 PM
They did the macarena :tongue5:

frgsnlzrds
06-19-2009, 08:29 PM
The judge showed up (in a limo!) 20 minutes late and skipped a passage that we asked him to read. (I guess to make up some time so that he could get to his next wedding.)

One of the groomsmen was traveling from far away and missed the ceremony.

We had a medieval style wedding and served roast beef, instead of the traditional chicken, and afterwards several guests told me it was waaaay undercooked.

We had several vegetarians in attendance (including 2 bridesmaids) and the special plates that I ordered for them were leftovers from the veggie tray served after the reception.

And worst of all, I was so stressed out and busy, that I forgot to insist on a picture of my family. I have pictures of DH and I posing with his family, and my stepfamily, but not my real family. And no pictures with my grandparents. Which they were upset about, too. :-(

Other than that, it was awesome.

ThreeofUs
06-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Man. I can't top these - though I defy anyone to come up with a honeymoon like mine.

The only thing that happened at our wedding is that my mom told the officiant that since *she* wasn't going to be there at 12:30, *he* shouldn't be. (That was our rehearsal time, that she didn't know about.) Luckily, he split the difference and was only a little late.

My honeymoon was a different story. DH planned our trip into the CA mountains not knowing that (1) it was the worst rains in 100 years and (2) I get horribly altitude sick at about 6000 ft. Long story short, we were evacuated twice - once by air - and I was deathly ill and miserable the whole time. And the kicker is that he was living in Santa Barbara, CA, and we could have spent the week warm and sailing our hearts out.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
06-20-2009, 01:27 AM
Man some of these are hilarious. Let's see, what happened at ours.

The bridesmaids had to be sewn into their dresses because the seamstress had chosen to use stretching button loops in front of the dresses.

My belt had to be duct taped to my dress

I lost my bouquet after the ceremony (no biggie really)

But the big one-my sisters trying to sneak out of the reception to go get high! I've got them on video trying to sneak out when the best man caught them because I'd stupidly made my younger sister maid of honor.

Oh-I also got to write all the checks after the ceremony and take back hardware from the cake to the bakery because god knows I couldn't trust my moh with it. GRRRRR.

She's sober now and has been for several years so I don't bring this all up but it really made me mad.

salsah
06-20-2009, 02:45 AM
1. my mom and dh got into a huge fight
2. the flowers in my bouquet were the wrong color. I am reminded of this daily when I walk past either of our two wedding portraits that are hanging in our house. It looks terrible and my mom insisted that I hold it in the portraits -- which I also don't care for because my mom told the photographer to take certain poses and I didn't get a say in it. Not one of them is a pose I would have liked. When I tried to say something during the session, my mom overruled me.
3. I did not get a picture at the reception with my nephews. We are very close, they are like our own children, and I am still sad that we didn't get a picture with them.

LexyLou
06-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Some of these are hysterically funny! Some are sad. :(

I had a real whatever happens happens approach the day of the wedding. I stressed enough and all that was important that day was that I was marrying the right man, so not many things really stressed me out but we did have some mishaps.

The biggest being that the Best Man lost my wedding band in the lining of his jacket and announced loudly, "I can't find the ring!" and started spinning in circles frantically looking at the ground.

Everyone thought he was joking so they all laughed, me included! Then when he passed the ring, I noticed it was a size 11 gold band! My big brother had quietly taken off his wedding band and passed it to the Best Man who passed it to the Rabbi...

I looked down and laughed and got married with my brothers wedding band. Best Man found the ring in the lining of his jacket after the ceremony.

To this day, people still think he was joking. LOL.

mamicka
06-20-2009, 07:54 AM
The biggest being that the Best Man lost my wedding band in the lining of his jacket and announced loudly, "I can't find the ring!" and started spinning in circles frantically looking at the ground.

Everyone thought he was joking so they all laughed, me included! Then when he passed the ring, I noticed it was a size 11 gold band! My big brother had quietly taken off his wedding band and passed it to the Best Man who passed it to the Rabbi...

I looked down and laughed and got married with my brothers wedding band. Best Man found the ring in the lining of his jacket after the ceremony.

To this day, people still think he was joking. LOL.

That's hilarious! & I think it's kind-of sweet, too. You must have a very nice brother.

LexyLou
06-20-2009, 08:00 AM
That's hilarious! & I think it's kind-of sweet, too. You must have a very nice brother.

Yea, I kind of think it's cool that I got married with my big brothers wedding band. I used to think it was a good omen since he had such a nice marriage although now they are getting a divorce...eeep! :p

bethie_73
06-20-2009, 10:58 PM
It was beautiful and we had alot of fun.....

But I did set my veil on fire and DH had alcohol poisoning... don't have the bachelor party the night before. :ROTFLMAO:

alien_host
06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
My FIL fell on my MIL the night of the rehersal dinner! On their way home he fell going up the stairs (outside) to their apartment and he fell on MIL. Fortunately a passer-by saw it and got help. MIL was OK and FIL was a little sore but was OK otherwise. Probably more embarrassed than anything else.

They were doing renovations outside of our ceremony/receiption location and they told us they would be complete before our wedding date. A month before we went to check and it was just torn up. I was not happy especially since no one called to tell us.

DH called the coordinator and said he had an irrate bride on his hands and asked what was going on. They said it wouldn't be finised in time. People were supposed to be able to drive their cars up this goregous driveway and have their cars valet parked. The driveway (cobblestone) was torn up and there was caution tape and fenced off areas everywhere.

They did offer us a lot of "additional items" at no charge, upgraded us to the larger ballroom, free champagne for the entire night (the expensive stuff), DH also negotiated free hotel rooms for all our out of town guests and a breakfast the next morning. The reception place also owns the hotel across the street.

In the end it turned out fine, I just wished they had been more upfront about it. They made the area look fairly presentable as they could, removed the caution tape and it was fine.

tnrnchick74
06-29-2009, 03:50 PM
My ex-MIL locked me in the bride's dressing room then told her son she thought she saw me drive off...apparently I was a runaway bride! My step-brother, who is a locksmith, had to take the locks off the room, extract the bobby pin broken off inside the lock, and let me out. I still married the guy, but I never trusted my MIL. We got divorced 4 years later, partly because of her.

mommylamb
06-29-2009, 04:25 PM
DH wandered through the chairs rather than walking down the aisle. He totally confused my young flower girl and ring bearer who had been shown where to walk.

ilfaith
06-29-2009, 05:18 PM
No major catastrophes...except that one of my bridesmaids had her luggage (including her dress and her husband's suit) lost by the airline. She also happened to be seven months pregnant at the time. So the day before my wedding we were all running around the Mall at Short Hills trying to find something for her to wear. We did find a dress for her at A Pea In The Pod that coordinated with my other bridesmaids' gowns, and she found something to wear to the rehearsal dinner (aside from the tee shirt and shorts she'd flown in.) Her husband got himself a new sports jacket and pants and Northwest Airlines got a nasty letter and the receipts (it was several weeks before the suitcase turned up and was returned to them in Michigan).

gatorsmom
06-30-2009, 11:40 AM
My ex-MIL locked me in the bride's dressing room then told her son she thought she saw me drive off...apparently I was a runaway bride! My step-brother, who is a locksmith, had to take the locks off the room, extract the bobby pin broken off inside the lock, and let me out. I still married the guy, but I never trusted my MIL. We got divorced 4 years later, partly because of her.

This has got to be one of the craziest stories I"ve ever heard. Yeah, talk about not trusting your MIL.....

MommyofAmaya
06-30-2009, 01:25 PM
This has got to be one of the craziest stories I"ve ever heard. Yeah, talk about not trusting your MIL.....

Yes, this story def takes the cake!