PDA

View Full Version : Sopping wet diapers - too small for overnites

L'sMommy
06-19-2009, 10:25 AM
DS just started sleeping 10-12 hrs through the night. He's 13 lbs so too small for the overnight diapers. Any suggestions for overnight diapers? We currently use huggies size 2 and they are sopping wet in the morning.

JBaxter
06-19-2009, 10:36 AM
When I did disposables mined always sized up before the weight listed on the package. I would get 3's and start using the at nights. I never had a child sleep 12hrs till they were a teenager LOL> Looks like huggies 3 are 16-28lbs if he is already 13lbs I'd try that first

rgors
06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I had the same "problem" -- and not many sympathetic ears because hey, they're sleeping through the night at a pretty young age! LOL. It's a good problem to have.

I found that Safeway and their affiliated stores have a generic product called "diaper doublers" which are basically thick maxi pads that you can put inside a diaper. They're cheap and they work! That said, I never found them at other groceries or any other stores. So when I couldn't get doublers, I put on her normal diaper and then a size-up diaper again on the outside. I also considered trying maxi pads themselves, but never got around to it. She moved into Huggies overnight pretty quickly - the smallest is size 3 (hard to find). The elastic is pretty good, so you can move your DC into sz 3 overnights before the minimum pound limit. Who cares if it goes up to the armpits, lol?

I have heard before that Luvs also makes a doubler, but I've never seen it. And I feel like I've heard of them at Babies R Us, but again, I've never seen that either.

vonfirmath
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I'd try sizing up to size 3. I, too, have always had to size up way before the "suggested" weight on the package.

If there is room within the diaper, you could also use a cloth doubler inside a disposable diaper (the disposable doublers can be hard to find) I've even heard of menstrual pads working as doublers.