PDA

View Full Version : Nestle Toll House Recall

Indianamom2
06-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Just in case anyone had any Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough products...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090619/ap_on_re_us/us_nestle_recall_4

Even if cooked, Nestle is advising that this could still cause problems.

Christina

Corie
06-19-2009, 01:34 PM
I just made a package of Nestle Toll House cookies and they are all gone.

I guess I'm good.

Forgot to mention this:

My husband ordered me a cookie bouquet for my birthday one year. (This was a long time ago.)
I called him at work to thank him and then I ate 2 cookies. These cookies are HUGE too. And delicious.
This bouquet wasn't as good but I still kept eating. The owner of the store called my Dh and told him NOT
to eat any of the cookies. They had accidentally delivered me the window display. My stomach was okay
then too. :)

TonFirst
06-19-2009, 02:14 PM
(I have nothing valuable to add to this discussion other than to tell Corie that her signature line is from one of my husband's favorite songs.)

MamaMolly
06-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Yet another example of a teeny tiny silver lining to DD's food allergies. We don't use egg in our cookie dough, so no contamination issues and we all have fun eating it raw. DD and DH 'fight' over who licks the beater. Looser gets to lock the bowl! :)

Bummer about the recall though. Cookie dough is one of those universally yummy things!

Melbel
06-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for posting. We made some a couple of weeks ago and will be tossing a package. Fortunately, we did not get sick!

MMEand1
07-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I just realized that we have 7 packages of the recalled cookie dough in the freezer. I usually stock up after holidays when they are less than $1 a package and they stay good in the freezer for a while (we don't eat them very often). I pulled out a package today and remembered hearing something about the recall, looked it up, and sure enough, it includes ours...

Fortunately I also had one pillsbury package, so all was not lost! Will be calling the grocery store tomorrow about the recalled stuff...

randomkid
07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
My husband ordered me a cookie bouquet for my birthday one year. (This was a long time ago.)
I called him at work to thank him and then I ate 2 cookies. These cookies are HUGE too. And delicious.
This bouquet wasn't as good but I still kept eating. The owner of the store called my Dh and told him NOT
to eat any of the cookies. They had accidentally delivered me the window display. My stomach was okay
then too. :)

:hysterical: I don't know why, but I found this to be hilarious!

Corie
07-05-2009, 10:07 PM
:hysterical: I don't know why, but I found this to be hilarious!

It's more funny when you find out that the window display was over 2 weeks
old.

I wondered why the cookies were so hard. :) But I didn't stop eating.

jent
07-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Try this instead:

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/Food/64663-ZUZZYS-COOKIE-DOUGH/

They sell Zuzzy's at our local Trader Joe's and some other local stores.

DH & I have bought a pint more on occasion. I think we baked it...once.

randomkid
07-05-2009, 11:05 PM
It's more funny when you find out that the window display was over 2 weeks
old.

I wondered why the cookies were so hard. :) But I didn't stop eating.

You're right. That makes it more funny.