PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Britax Chaperone Infant Carrier with the Double Snap n Go?

mabeym
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
HI -

Has anyone tried the Britax Chaperone Infant Carrier with the Double Snap n Go? It looks like a great carrier / seat but its a little longer than the Graco models so I was wondering if anyone had tried it with the Baby Trend double snap n go?

Thanks!

vachi73
07-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Bumping this up - trying to decide between two Chaperones and two KeyFit 30 car seats for our twins due 12/2/09 ...

heatherandlouis
08-09-2009, 12:57 AM
We have the Chaperone and love it! I use it with the single snap and go daily and the seat fits great. The chaperone car seat adjust much smaller than the key fit and you may find this aspect helpful. Honestly I am so thankful that we bought this car seat as it makes my life so much easier :)

twowhat?
08-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Please call Baby Trend to ask about seat compatibility. The single snap n go will fit some larger seats that the double snap n go won't. Someone here has been able to get Keyfit 30s to fit but I would double-check with Baby Trend on this because my understanding was that they do not recommend using Keyfit 30's (because if you use them to the seat's weight limit, then they will exceed the double snap n go's weight limit).

I've got snugride's (the regular 22 lb weight limit ones) on my double snap n go, both of my girls are 19 pounds and it is a BEAR to push. It requires 2 hands to turn because of the tandem design and the weight of the baby in front. I still use it and love it for quick trips though. But if I need to get anything more than 5 lbs worth of groceries (the weight limit of the basket underneath), then it is MUCH easier to steer a shopping cart, placing one car seat where you'd normally put one, and then the other car seat sideways across the main cart compartment, which leaves enough space to fit groceries underneath (and using the very bottom for large items like diapers, etc). For doctor's appts, quick trips to the drugstore, etc in a city where you have to drive everywhere, I think the double snap n go is REALLY useful. If you live in a city where you can walk to your errands, then the double snap n go would not be so useful. It really only pushes easily on very smooth surfaces.