PDA

View Full Version : Dairy allergy resurfacing?

Nooknookmom
06-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Where's the giant SIGH icon? DD was born MSPI, about 18 mo or so, I saw the diary allergy easing up. Finally I could stop reading labels for hidden dairy and DD could eat more normally. She was/is still reactive to soy.

She is almost 26 mo's now and for the past few weeks, she has the dairy rash all over her face/neck/upper back/torso & bottom. She has had a terrible scaly rough rash on her shins since she was a tiny baby, don't know if that is allergy related. So far no diarrhea, thank goodnes.

She was eating Lucernce string cheese, certain yogurts, macky-cheese, pizza, pudding, etc w/ no rash at all.

As she started to ask for more dairy foods, we incorporated cheddar, more yogurt, different ice cream, etc.

Can certain brands activate the allergy or is it my imagination??

egoldber
06-20-2009, 07:26 PM
It could just be that above a certain threshold she reacts. If she stays below it, she doesn't. I would try to limit the dairy a little bit and see if the reaction goes away.

MamaMolly
06-20-2009, 10:15 PM
I don't know. I've read a bit on what happens to milk as it is homogenized, pasturized and all the additives from non-organic fed cows blah, blah, blah. Maybe it is a quantity thing or maybe it is a quality thing. Or maybe I'm nuts ;)

I'd try scaling back to foods that were non reactive and see what happens.