PDA

View Full Version : Bjced

longstocking
06-20-2009, 08:15 PM
I thought I was pretty set and sure I was going to order the BJ City Elite Double, then came up with a few questions today when I was in a store and was able to try out the City Mini double with my 1 year old.
The seat seems really narrow - is it bigger on the Elite?
Even in full upright position it seems to be tilted pretty far back - has anyone's kids been bugged by this?
Does it come with an infant head pillow, or do you think mine from a Maclaren Techno would work?
I need to get the Elite since it has an adjustable handle - which is a must for my tall hubby. I wish I could find a store that carries the Elite on their sales floor so I could actually try that one out.
Anyone know of any good deals on the 2008 models?
Thanks!

zag95
06-21-2009, 12:09 AM
I recently bought the BJCC single- and it is similar to the Elite- the elite has a footrest that can be positioned so the entire stroller is like a long bed... and the flaps on the sunshade are held by magnets instead of velcro as in the classic.....

In comparing the BJ City Mini at BRU, the Mini is definitely smaller.... I think if you go to the Baby Jogger website, it allows you to do a comparison of dimensions, etc.

One main difference is that the BJCM goes up to 50 lbs for a single- while the others go up to 70 lbs...and the BJCC and BJCE both have larger wheels...

Prior to purchasing our BJ, we had a Baby Trend jogger that was free from a friend- our daughter loves to ride in her BJ!!! She is almost 17 mos.... and is as happy as a clam!!!

In terms of good deals- I would check out albeebaby.com..... you might also check and see where other good deals exist via an amazon search..... We love our BJ and are so happy, especially with the adjustable handlebars for tall parents! That and all the good comments from the Boards, helped in my purchase without trial!!!

GL!

WatchingThemGrow
06-21-2009, 04:29 AM
The Elite seat is larger. We have a Mini double and an Elite double, and DD looks like a giant sitting in the mini seat. the elite seat fits much better. It is a larger stroller by a little bit, but the big wheels and the handlebar on the Elite seem to be the things that stick out more in my experience. I like the Elite more, but the mini is fine.

We used the Snuzzler with DS1 in the BJCED, but we haven't pulled it out yet with DS2 and he's been riding in it for almost 2 weeks now just fine. He's 9.5 lbs, though.

There were some brown 2008 models still left on the web. Also, REI usually has a 20% off coupon several times a year, which you could use on the 2009 model.