PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play vs Travel Crib

longstocking
06-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I want to get a PNP or Travel Crib but I'm wondering what the difference is? I am looking for a basic PNP, one that can fold up easily and is fairly light for traveling (especially on an airplane).
I really like the Bjorn Travel Crib - but not the price - yowzah!
I am completely clueless as to what to even look at. Any suggestions? Favorite brands? Anything to avoid, feature or brand wise?
Thanks!

neeleymartin
06-20-2009, 09:36 PM
we got a very basic pnp on amazon for $69. it is brown and mint and not a cheesy pattern. folds smaller than traditional pnp(the wheels and legs tuck inside), although it's the same size when open.

http://tinyurl.com/n5k4t9

hth

zag95
06-21-2009, 12:22 AM
One big difference with a PNP vs travel crib is the size.... travel cribs are smaller- and therefore, outgrown more quickly....

I would say that PNPs are pretty great- we have used ours on several beach trips and will be also this summer..... ours is a basic model- it had a full bassinet and a changing table (that went up to 25 lbs), which we sometimes used. Our DD is 17 mos and about 26.5 lbs and probably 32.5 or more inches.

Once we outgrow the PNP, then we may look at something like a Pea Pod or maybe just a sleeping bag and pillow combo (saw this recently at Sears in the LE dept- it was cute!)

jeno
06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
xxxxxxx