PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier gliders for less than an arm-and-leg??

tentoes
06-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Are Dutailier gliders sold anywhere for a decent price? I don't need a top-of-the-line model of theirs, but I've tried other brands and there's definitely no comparison. DS eats a LOT and I've nowhere comfortable enough to sit and feed him.

I've already checked CL, but my area seems to only have junky brands :( and ebay is hard as you have to be local to pick 'em up. Costco had a Shermag glider (Parker model), but I'm not sure the quality of it..sigh.

Any suggestions? TIA!

indigo99
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
What price are you aiming for? BRU has a dutailier glider on clearance for $225, and you can currently use the furniture code 928731 to get 15% off which basically just covers the $30 shipping so you end up paying $221 total. That's still not a bad price for a dutailier if you're okay with the fabric (blue denim)and finish option.

ETA: There's also a light beige fabric glider with ottoman on their site for $230, but it isn't on clearance so I don't know if the quality would be different from the one that was originally $300. Reviews say that it is small and low to the ground. 42x26x31 are the listed dimensions for the one on clearance and 29x21x38 are the dimensions for this one.

WatchingThemGrow
06-26-2009, 04:18 AM
I bet that if you watch CL like a hawk, you'll see them. They just go within an hour or two. Searching for something later won't work, but checking it hourly may get you something. My stepmother has been here this week, helping us with the new baby and sitting in our 900 series. She loves it and wants her own. I saw a 700 come up, and I emailed. It sold in less that two hours.

rockinred
06-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Definitely be vigilant if you go the CL route. That was our plan, but I finally gave up and bought new b/c they just went too quickly! Hopefully it will still be like that when the day comes when we're done with ours & want to sell! :)

Indianamom2
06-26-2009, 09:18 PM
For what it's worth, I have a Shermag that I really like. I just wouldn't/couldn't spend the money on the Dutailier and this seemed like the next best thing.

I have not regretted my decision (I think we paid somewhere around $250 for the glider and ottoman...and it wasn't the bottom of the line model either).

Good luck.

Christina