PDA

View Full Version : I hate filing!!

gatorsmom
06-21-2009, 01:11 AM
I've posted about this before but I'm doing it again. I absolutely HATE filing. And I have so much of it to do here at home. Medical statements, EOBs, kids schoolwork, receipts, monthly bills and on top of that we have rental properties with their own mortgages, insurance, tenant correspondance, etc. I file that too. It is choking my office which is not only the area where the filing goes but all the other junk that no one knows what to do with in the house. UGH!!!

And here is the best part. I should be workingon stuff for my dad's birthday party but I'm procrastinating- by doing FILING!!! :banghead: At midnight on a Saturday night. And now I'm procrastinating by playing on the computer. clearly, I have issues....

Naranjadia
06-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I hear ya! I hate filing, too. So much so that I let it back up.

Fie on paper!

Momof3Labs
06-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I hate filing a whole lot less since an organization person suggested filing by calendar month instead of type of receipt. There are a few things that I still file by type (e.g. current year tax receipts, health claims to be sent, you'd probably separate your rental property stuff as that is ultimately tax-related), but most everything goes in a calendar month file (all you have to do is grab the stack and shove in the current folder - as long as you do it regularly). At the end of the month, I take last year's monthly folder, clean it out (most of the stuff gets shredded) and use that to accumulate the coming month's paperwork.

I'll add that there is very little that I've lost using this method!!