PDA

View Full Version : Airline Travel Question

scrooks
06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
This may be a silly question, but what kind of ID do I need for DD to get on a plane. Anything? Or her birth certificate?

scrooks
06-21-2009, 11:39 AM
...not sure how to move the thread!

LMPC
06-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Well, while you are figuring out how to move it (sorry, I don't know how to either!)...we took DD (8 months) on a plane a few weeks ago and didn't need any ID for her. We were told that ID is necessary for domestic travel only to verify that the DC is under 2 (if you didn't buy a seat and DC will be a lap baby). If you are worried they might give you a problem, I would just take a copy of the BC with you.

Have a nice trip!

Ooops, sorry...I missed the "1 year" part of your DD's age. Yes, DC's just need a birth certificate to fly domestically. If you have any concerns, I would just call the airline. They were very helpful when we flew.

Momof3Labs
06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
If she's a lap baby, bring her birth certificate. If she has her own seat, nothing. You can always check this stuff on www.tsa.gov

daniele_ut
06-21-2009, 05:00 PM
I flew with 16 month old dd 3 weeks ago on Delta. She was a lap baby and no ID was required.

scrooks
06-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Since she will be just over 2 (exactly 4 days!) we bought her a seat. I will probably bring her birth certificate with us to be safe.

pharmjenn
06-22-2009, 02:25 AM
So glad I read this. I am flying with my son in Sept, when he will be 1year 9 months. He will be a lap child and he already is huge and speaks a lot. I will make sure I bring his birth certificate so I don't have to argue his age!