PDA

View Full Version : P&T Experts.....a question

zukeypur
06-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I have a quick question.

What's the difference between an E3 and the Sport? The stroller I'm looking at is in ok condition with a few flaws, and I think it's a 2004 model. It's $150, plus shipping. I noticed that it doesn't have the wheel guards, but from looking at it I can't tell what the other differences are. I'll need to be able to put the jump seat on top after the baby is born, and I know that you can't do that with the Classic. Also, I want to make sure it will recline to flat for the baby. What other important things am I missing?
Thanks!

zukeypur
06-23-2009, 05:16 AM
Anyone? I'd really like to know if the toddler seat can go on top of the main seat.

heatherlynn
06-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Sport has an adjustable handle and the doubles seat reclines, which is great for little babies. Yes, you can put the jump seat on top on the classic (classic doesn't come w/ a bumper bar).

zukeypur
06-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks! Is the classic the same as the E3 or different?

nrp
06-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks! Is the classic the same as the E3 or different?

I *think* the classic was the model before the E3, but I'm not sure. I have an E3 (2006) and the configurations of the doubles seat are the same as the E3, other than the recline that the PP mentioned. I believe, though, that the sport doubles seat will fit on the E3, however, if the recline is important to you (would have to verify that, though). The wheel guards can be ordered from Regal Lager - we got ours for free as a part of a recall, so perhaps they are still sending them for free.

ETA: the E3 does come with a bumper bar.

ETA (2): I meant the configurations of the E3 doubles seat are the same as the *sport*

zukeypur
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
OK, so if I has a bumper bar, the doubles seat will go on top. Am I understanding that right? I'll check into the wheel guards too, because I know they don't have that. Thanks so much!!!

mariza
06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Can I ask where you are buying it from? Since the wheel guards were a recall issue, they should supply them to you. Do you have a link? If it's a private seller as opposed to a store, make sure they have the correct adapters to attach the seat on top.

nrp
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
OK, so if I has a bumper bar, the doubles seat will go on top. Am I understanding that right? I'll check into the wheel guards too, because I know they don't have that. Thanks so much!!!

Yes - you take the bar off and put the doubles seat on top, with two plastic adaptors. As PP suggested, if you are buying from a private seller make sure they include the adaptors. As with the sport, the doubles seat can also go on the bottom, once you don't need the full recline of the main seat for a newborn. Then usually baby will go in the back and toddler will go in the main seat (because the doubles seat is rated for less weight and it would get tippy if there is a big weight imbalance).

zukeypur
06-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Can I ask where you are buying it from? Since the wheel guards were a recall issue, they should supply them to you. Do you have a link? If it's a private seller as opposed to a store, make sure they have the correct adapters to attach the seat on top.

It's a private seller.