PDA

View Full Version : Poop. Poop Everywhere.

amldaley
06-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Picture it...A 97 degree Sunday, June 21st...aka...DH's "first" Fathers Day.

DH is grumpy and not feeling well. DD is teething, screaming, and unhappy. I am desperate to salvage the day. DD would not eat, nor nap. We were desperate for something to do.

A trip to Wilmington! DH was in...lunch at Panera, a trip to the kayak store and a pass through Costco. Dd would sleep in the car.

So, 30 minutes in to the 45 minute drive, of which dd has not fussed but has (luckily) thrown every toy out of the car seat, DH says, "I think she is about to start crying..."

"AHHHHHHHH!" loud enough to wake the dead and totally inconsolable. I normally ride in back with her when I am not driving, but today, for some unknown reason, I sat upfront. I can neither see her from my seat, nor from the rearview mirror in mirror. I feel powerless, so I ask, "Look to see if she is ok..."

"Uh...she.has.something.all. over. her. hands."
"What is it!!??"
"It. looks. like...........................................(in sert waiting an eternity here).....................................poop."
"Poop?!!!???"
"Yeah."
"Pull over! Pull over right here! In that lot. Hurry up. Seriously, go faster and stop. What are you waiting for????"

I have never seen so much poop come out of one little baby. Forward blowout out one leg. Legs. Feet. Hands. Carseat. Car seat. Poop. Poop everywhere.

Thank God for the lovely church parking lot with massive, Spanish moss filled oak trees that shaded us in the noon sun. I looked up at DH, scrambling for wipes and a place to lay dd out, as I stood over dd, holding her feces-filled hands out of her face and said, "Happy Fathers Day!!!"

20 minutes later, dd was changed, car seat was (sort of) wiped down, I had dabbed at the poop on my shirt, arms and hands, back up (poop-free) pacifier found, we were on our way again. I'll be darned if I am going to let a poop-tastic explosion ruin a trip to Costco!

On our way again, in a Jeep that reeks of human waste in 95 + degree weather, certain our daughter will have pink eye tomorrow, let alone what she may have ingested. Poop. Poop everywhere. A first Fathers Day he'll never forget!!!!!!!!!

Tammy
06-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh my gosh- I'm laughing so hard and yet I feel so sorry for you too. I had that experience with DD, only it was when she had the flu and with vomit. Not pretty. It will definitely be a Father's Day to remember. Hope everyone feels better soon.

jgenie
06-21-2009, 10:13 PM
You're a great storyteller!! Hope the day was salvaged. This is certainly one for the memory book. :)

Snow mom
06-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a father's day to remember. I love that you still went to costco-- that's what a real mom does. :hysterical:

sunshine873
06-21-2009, 10:36 PM
OMG! DH & I are rolling in laughter! Maybe because it hasn't happened to us. I should probably insert "yet" here. :) I'm sure we'll have our share of messes ahead of us.

Anyway, way to press-on to Costco!

Babymakes3
06-22-2009, 12:13 AM
I am dying laughing! I feel for you though! We had a similar experience a few months ago in an outlet mall parking lot. I seriously considered going to ask someone for a hose, it would have been easier! I always keep an extra shirt in the car for all of us...thank goodness too on that day! ;)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-22-2009, 12:37 AM
It makes for a memorable day, parenthood stinks (literally) sometimes!

Kitten007
06-22-2009, 02:30 AM
OMG!!!! I want to laugh but have this feeling if I do I will jinx myself and suffer this cruel fate!! You're an awesome mom for still trucking on your journey! At least your hubby didn't have to unwrap his "gift" for Father's Day!

ThreeofUs
06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
I looked up at DH, scrambling for wipes and a place to lay dd out, as I stood over dd, holding her feces-filled hands out of her face and said, "Happy Fathers Day!!!"

20 minutes later, dd was changed, car seat was (sort of) wiped down, I had dabbed at the poop on my shirt, arms and hands, back up (poop-free) pacifier found, we were on our way again. I'll be darned if I am going to let a poop-tastic explosion ruin a trip to Costco!

On our way again, in a Jeep that reeks of human waste in 95 + degree weather, certain our daughter will have pink eye tomorrow, let alone what she may have ingested. Poop. Poop everywhere. A first Fathers Day he'll never forget!!!!!!!!!

:hysterical: Oh, I am gasping for breath and just spit tea all over my keyboard! Hilarious! Omg.