PDA

View Full Version : ISO a deal on a nice sink vanity

taraalissa
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I am in desperate need of a sink to put in my bathroom. I would like to get one of the ones that looks more like a piece of furniture than an actual cabinet. Along these lines...
http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Chelsea_22W_Single_Sink_Cabinet_with_White_Granite _Top/420/

I'd like to keep it under $300 if I could. I see them in HomeGoods from time to time but are usually around $500. I'm open to color and style (as long as its not modern or contemporary) Has anybody see a good deal on these either B&M or online?

Thanks in advance. I'm tired of sending my kids upstairs to wash their hands.

NancyJ_redo
06-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Costco has had some fairly nice looking ones over the last 6 months, I've seen them both in-store and online. I recommend checking them out.

nofeea
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Check out ebay also. Thay have a lot more modern styles in that price range but it might be worth checking out. I got an extra sink for my dining room that way and people think it's way more expensive than it was!

Nyfeara
06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
My mom watches for scratch/dent pieces at her Lowe's & Home Depot. We found one the other week that they had discounted from $575 to $475. We pointed out some flaws and they told us we could have it for $250 if we walked out with it right then. This was the cabinet piece only, top was not included. But she has seen them do the same with a complete set.

Jen841
06-22-2009, 03:19 PM
About a year ago I bought a bathroom sink for $30 (normally $300) at the end of the aisle. It was pure luck I feel, but don't discount the end of the aisle clearance items. Labor and materials we did our 1/2 bathroom for $1200 and we used a contractor. I bought ceramic tile, faucets, and sink on CLEARANCE SALE. The toilet (eco friendly), mirror, lightening and paint I paid the asking price. I used a 10% off coupons. Accent/accessories I found at HomeGoods.

It was all pure luck. The contractor came in with a good quote and could start the next week due to extreme weather (a month earlier than expected.) I window shopped at Lowes and Home Depot on a Friday night. Took DH for final 'ok' Saturday morning and bought it all on Saturday afternoon (during nap.) Being forced to make decisions quickly is how we work the best.

One year later I LOVE the bathroom. A bit TMI, but we love 'comfort' height in our toilet.

jenstring95
06-22-2009, 03:51 PM
You can also go to a frame shop and have one made. I had no idea you could do that until I asked, but they supply the mirror and everything. We did this a few years ago when we bought our bedroom furniture but did not like the mirror that came with the set. It wasn't super cheap (we did get a pretty big one, though), but it was the only thing that I could find that I really, really liked. It's not easy to find nice mirrors in dark wood. You could also check a Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware outlet if you have access. Good luck!

hellokitty
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Sam's club sometimes has these and if you wait long enough, they will go on clearance.

jenstring95
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
You can also go to a frame shop and have one made. I had no idea you could do that until I asked, but they supply the mirror and everything. We did this a few years ago when we bought our bedroom furniture but did not like the mirror that came with the set. It wasn't super cheap (we did get a pretty big one, though), but it was the only thing that I could find that I really, really liked. It's not easy to find nice mirrors in dark wood. You could also check a Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware outlet if you have access. Good luck!

This was supposed to be on the need-a-dark-mirror-thread - sorry!

nofeea
06-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Saw one in Home Goods for $299! (dark colored wood)

taraalissa
06-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks all...I got a nice one in lowes today.