PDA

View Full Version : Need a carrier for a tall hubby

tmeierinco
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Does anyone have advice for a front carrier? I am 5'1" and my hubby is 6'3". I am trying to find a carrier that will fit both of us. I've been looking at the Beco and Pikkolo, but see that both of them only fit up to 6'2". Has anyone used these carriers for taller people? Thanks for your help!

Our little girl is due Sept. 23 and we're trying to complete our registry!

hobie
06-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I think you will have a hard time finding a buckle carrier that will fit both of you. Even if it will adjust for both of you, you will have to change the buckle length every time you switch (this can be annoying).

I would suggest a mei tai carrier, like BabyHawk, Kozy, or SillyGoose.

lowrioh
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure about shorter people but the Ergo works well for my DH who is 6'6". You will need to adjust the straps when you switch but I don't find that to be a hassle.

7pages
07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I had this same problem--I am 5'1" and my husband is 6'3". I had the Ergo Baby Carrier which was fine, but realized quickly that the shoulder straps are set a bit wide on my shoulders so they rubbed the back of my arms. I returned the carrier. (it was fine for my husband). The infant insert was just OK. The baby didn't seem to mind, but it was an extra step and definately an after thought in design.

I talked to Jane at www.quirkybaby.com and decide to try the Pikkolo. I miss the pocket on the front, but other than that, it's great. The seat cinches so you can make it smaller for a newborn. It fits me and my husband and the straps are not set too wide for my shoulders. You also wear the straps in an X on your back, so that helps too.

The Beco will definately be too small for your husband. Try the Pikkolo! Good Luck!