PDA

View Full Version : Thomas at Dutch Wonderland

luvmypeanut
06-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Is it worth going? I want to take the kids to see Thomas Live when we're visiting my family in NoVA this July. It's showing in TN and New Orleans but the flights are all $300 per person which seems quite high. But we can easily drive to DW and stop off at Hershey, too. Has anyone been?

LD92599
06-22-2009, 10:11 PM
It's in NJ too (right on the PA border, Phillipsburg, NJ) in early July. It's fun, i think Strasburg/Dutch Wonderland would be a better "train" experience though. It's a really nice ride from NoVA to Hershey, we did it 2 years ago after spending Thanksgiving w/ the IL's in VA and then Hershey for the rest of the weekend.

Lancaster and Hershey has a ton to offer, moreso than Phillipsburg (though Phillipsburg has Easton/Crayola Factory, etc).

maydaymommy
07-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I think you are talking about the Thomas show that they have a few times per day at Dutch Wonderland, right?

Separate from that, right near by DW, there is the Strasburg Railroad where Thomas appears for Day Out With Thomas a few times per year. (The next one is in September.)

We went to DW with ds in May. The Thomas show was a bonus we didn't expect. It was fun for ds, who is a Thomas fan big time, and also, was only just 2. The show consisted of two people, a guy and a girl, jumping around and singing and finally a Thomas train comes a few feet out of the shed. His whistle peeps, his eyes may even roll around, and then he rolls back into the shed. We were easily able to sit in the front row, and ds was very excited to be close to a big picture of the shed, and even more so Thomas.

I think the show would not be worth the trip for an older kid, but I am a big Dutch Wonderland fan for little ones. I think that the actual Thomas LIve show that they do in theaters would probably be much different from the DW show! (Much better, bigger deal.)