PDA

View Full Version : Pack and Play vs Bassinet

alexiel981
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi all,

I really hope you can help me because I have done so much research but I couldn't find an answer to my dilemma!!!! We would like to buy either a bassinet or a pack and play with bassinet feature to put in our bedroom so that our baby can stay in our room for the first months. However, I really cannot decide between the two. I know that a bassinet is used only for a short period of time and some consider it "a waste of money", whereas a pack and play is more versatile. However, I found that the bassinet attachment on pack and plays are kind of "flimsy" and I am not sure it would provide enough support for the baby's back. What is your opinion? Is there anything I could buy to make the bassinet in the pack and play a little firmer (that would work with Graco pack and plays)?

Thank you very much in advance for your advices!!!!

kellyd
06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
The bassinet parts of the pack n play aren't as flimsy as they seem. However, an alternative to that might be an arms reach co sleeper. They're even sturdier and last just as long. Once you lower from the bassinet height it's a regular pack n play. I had 2 bassinets, both given to me. One lasted till ds was 6 weeks old, the other till 2 months. Then we started using the armsreach and he's still in it on pack n play level at 1 year.

alexiel981
06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Thank you for your reply! I am starting to look at the co-sleeper. For some reasons I hadn't thought about it.

Tondi G
06-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Go with the Arms Reach co sleeper! We had a Mini and LOVED it. The pack n play was awful cause it moved too much and DS startled himself awake. Wish we had gotten the arms reach for #1! It was great for us and we have loaned it to 3 different friends with new babies and they also loved it!