PDA

View Full Version : When Polygamy Makes Sense

StantonHyde
06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I went on a weekend getaway 2 weeks ago with a girlfriend and her 2 kids and we were commenting on how, in some ways, it is easier to manage kids with another mom vs. your DH. Today proved that point.

I am getting myself and the kids ready to go out the door. DH wakes up and is getting ready to go his workout with the trainer. He helps me get the kids dressed--with a specific request from me. I then drive away to first drop off DS at JCC daycamp and then drop off DD at daycare and then go to work.

As I am circling the JCC parking lot looking for a parking space--I see DH's car pull in--he is going to the trainer. Hellloooooooo. I pull up to him and say "Why didn't I think of it--here, you drop him off." I chose my words carefully so as not to piss him off, but I am going to have to talk to him tonight.

WTF???? Another mom would have said--I'm going to the JCC at the same time you are. Why don't I take DS instead of making you fight through all that construction that will make you late to work? Does it EVEN enter DH's mind that he could do 2 things at the same place--noooooooo!!!!!!!

AARGH.

ShanaMama
06-23-2009, 12:57 PM
I am LOL at your subject line. I guess it would be worth it if you were willing to share your DH in bed!

kdeunc
06-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I completely agree. I can't tell you how many times I have said that I need a wife! :)

BeccaB.
06-23-2009, 02:09 PM
I completely agree. I can't tell you how many times I have said that I need a wife! :)

:yeahthat:

gatorsmom
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I am LOL at your subject line. I guess it would be worth it if you were willing to share your DH in bed!

There are times when I'm drop dead exhausted and he is raring to go (and doesn't understand my exhaustion) that I might seriously consider sharing.

frgsnlzrds
06-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't think men CAN do two things at once. Their brains aren't wired like ours!

salsah
06-23-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't think men CAN do two things at once. Their brains aren't wired like ours!

no kidding. dh talks to his parents on the phone every morning. while he is talking to them, i am busy getting everyone ready to get out the door. if i ask him to feed the girls breakfast, pack a lunch, change a diaper, or anything while he is on the phone, he says that he can't because he is on the phone. he will do it when he is not on the phone. but he doesn't know how to do those things and talk at the same time. btw, he ALWAYS uses the speaker phone (meaning he always has two free hands while talking).

StantonHyde
06-23-2009, 08:59 PM
And when I asked him tonight what was up, he said "I thought about it, but you were already out the door". This is a man who literally brings people back from the dead--you would think he could figure out child transportation. I swear I want to go watch him work one night just to see him make decisions quickly and multi-task.

Although I must admit that the speaker phone DH mentioned above totally wins a prize. What don't I do when I am talking on the phone!!

JTsMom
06-24-2009, 02:19 PM
And when I asked him tonight what was up, he said "I thought about it, but you were already out the door". This is a man who literally brings people back from the dead--you would think he could figure out child transportation. I swear I want to go watch him work one night just to see him make decisions quickly and multi-task.
:hysterical:

I couldn't agree with the original post any more. Give me a 1 other woman, plus her couple of kids, and life becomes easier. Give me DH plus no more kids and life is harder.