PDA

View Full Version : How do you serve/store baby food that comes in the cans/containers?

lchang25000
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Do you put the baby food into a small bowl or feed directly from can/container that it comes in? How do you heat up the baby food that was refrigerated? And how do you store it (in what container) if baby does not finish it? Thanks!

BeccaB.
06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I use the take and toss containers. I think their made by learning curve. You can get them at Walmart, Target, Babies r Us, ect. They have bowls and lids for about $3.00. They are semi-disposable so I don't feel too bad if one gets lost.

DS is only 6 months and so we just use a little baby food at a time. We microwave for 15 seconds and stir from the center to edge. I throw out any food left in the bowl after DS eats and put the jar back in the fridge. Your not suppose to feed from the jar or container because you can cause bacteria to grow because the babies saliva gets into the jar of food.

BeccaB.
06-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Also your suppose to throw out the left overs after three days.

DrSally
06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
We put it in a small tupperware cup to feed and add to the cup as needed (with a clean spoon). That way I can close the jar and save for later wo/bacterial contamination. I keep unused portions in fridge for max 3 days, usually 2. I don't bother heating up.