PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse (and accessory) Storage... Update with photo!

kayte
06-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Tell me about yours and brainstorm with me...

DD has a My First Dollhouse by Plan Toys. For a while it's moved between our coffee table, to the floor, to a small table in DD's room... It gets patchy but intense periods of play. (it gets ignored for a few weeks , then several days of that's all she plays with) Ideally I want to put it on a wooden board with wheels on the bottom. So that it can be stored in her closet but rolled out and used in her room (or where ever she wheels it). Does anyone have something similar? I am pretty sure someone here mentioned having a similar thing to roll under a bed --maybe for blocks or legos... I can't remember and I can't find the thread.

Also how do you store all the accessories? We have all types of little plates and cups ... that of course don't fit in any of the cabinets. I would like small (tiny) baskets so items can be stored unobtrusively in the dollhouse... Where do I get those?

And what about a cover? Does anyone have a fabric cover for their dollhouse?

:bouncy: ETA: Well, it only took a little over a month to get what I was envisioning in my head into reality but here is the cart we built for the dollhouse. Two pieces of wood, some dowels, wheels and some rope. It can be easily wheeled in and out of the closet by our 3 yo. The storage underneath holds their car, a bucket of dolls and extra furniture and her play-mats rolled up. I am still planning to make a dust cover of fabric and coating the cart with beeswax.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/3783295242_1a865205ce.jpg

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Good Q's. I , too will be waiting for replies...

vonfirmath
06-23-2009, 03:12 PM
We had dollhouses growing up. My dad made cabinets for each of us. The dollhouse lived on top of the cabinet and we stored other toys inside. All the dollhouse accessories were stored inside the dollhouse.

Barbies and bigger dolls like that -- we put their stuff in shoeboxes and those got stacked inside the cabinet to pull out when we were playing with them.

(Oh and my dad made matching "bench" stools so we could play with the dollhouses ON the cabinets even when little. When older, we didn't need the stools anymore.)

malphy
06-23-2009, 03:35 PM
What if you got a low/small(inexpensive) table from ikea and added casters to the bottom. you can get the ccasters at a hardware store and they have ones that lock so the table won't move unless needed.

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with the size of dollhouse so not sure if this would work for you. but it is an idea.

hth

kayte
08-02-2009, 08:17 PM
bump to add photo.

jgenie
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow!! That's really nice!!

vludmilla
08-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Very nice. I'm impressed!

s_gosney
08-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Great job! :)

kristac
08-03-2009, 07:58 AM
That is great! When I was a kid my dollhouse was stored on a microwave cart for awhile. That provided some great storage ( and a basement ;) ) but would make it too tall for a preschooler.

new_mommy25
08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
It looks fabulous! Great job!

MamaKath
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Looks fantastic!!!! What a great job, it looks very professional!!!