PDA

View Full Version : National Mow Your Neighbor's Lawn Day???

twowhat?
06-23-2009, 02:16 PM
What?? Who comes up with these holidays??? And why did our very sweet neighbor have to know about it and actually mow our lawn for us...very sweet, yes. But she mowed it when the grass was wet (sprinklers went off the night before), a few days after my husband had already mowed it (at the correct grass height) AND now the grass is WAYYY too short...it's gonna struggle in the heat!

I'm laughing because she was so sweet to try to "help". But our lawn looks awful!

And what the hell kind of holiday is this???

DietCokeLover
06-23-2009, 02:27 PM
:ROTFLMAO: Send her over to my yard, she can go to town on it!

gatorsmom
06-23-2009, 03:14 PM
National Mow your Neighbor's Lawn? :hysterical: If I waited until our Minnesota neighbors did that for us, I'd have a full grown forest in our yard.

To the OP, does your neighbor weed-wack?

Snow mom
06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I would be so pissed if our neighbor mowed our entire lawn. As is, the person who cut their lawn last mowed way into our lawn and cut it far too short. They technically own two feet on the side of the driveway and usually we mow that. Their crew decided to not only mow that (which technically they are welcome to do) but also about 6 feet onto our property. When our grass gets cut too short it tends to die in big patches. I've had to water extra in an effort to keep this very short grass alive in the 100 degree heat we've been having. Grrr....

belovedgandp
06-23-2009, 05:17 PM
So sorry. That's a new holiday for me. I would be irked. We cut our longer than any of our neighbors, so it would be a total shock to our yard.

elliput
06-23-2009, 06:31 PM
A quick google search doesn't return any results for "National Mow your Neighbor's Lawn Day". I think your neighbor is wacko.

twowhat?
06-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Ugh it gets worse...I didn't really get a chance to take a good look at the lawn. It's totally uneven and the grass clippings are just sitting on top. My husband is PO'ed...he's running our mulching lawn mower over it now to mulch the grass clippings into the lawn. And...my neighbor just called to apologize. UGH. Well, maybe she won't do it again.

Melaine
06-23-2009, 09:20 PM
A quick google search doesn't return any results for "National Mow your Neighbor's Lawn Day". I think your neighbor is wacko.

:yeahthat:

HannaAddict
06-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Lawn mowing is much less complicated in my area I guess! I have never heard of this "holiday" but I never even think about the correct height of mowing, etc. We are not lawn people obviously.

hellokitty
06-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Lol, what a funny holiday. Sorry to laugh, I know your neighbor had good intentions, but yeah it sucks that she ruined your lawn! I have never heard of this holiday before, I wonder if someone played a joke on her and she took it seriously???

KrisM
06-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Our neighbor has mowed our lawn for us twice - right after DD and after DS2 were born. It was great! But, he mows at about the same length we do, so no problems. With DD, it was a surprise and we came home from the hospital wondering who had cut it. With DS2, it was a little awkward, as we were home when he cut it. But, we had known him a while at that point, so we just thanked him.

Never heard of a holiday for it though!

vejemom
06-24-2009, 07:51 AM
She could come do ours. Did I mention that I usually mow 5-7 acres?:icon_twisted: It takes me most of the day even with a 5 foot wide mowing deck.

But that is odd. A) I've never heard of such a holiday, and B) It isn't that hard to mow - you just set the blade at medium and off you go. What does her lawn look like? Is it uneven and full of thatch?

mommylamb
06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
That must be the holiday I made up to try to get my neighbors to mow our lawn... sadly they didn't follow through.

HIU8
06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
We only have one neighbor who mows his own lawn and he speaks to NO ONE on the street EVER. The rest of us use a variety of lawn services thank goodness. No offense to any good samaritan's but I would be majorly pissed if someone mowed my lawn without my knowleldge ( I say this knowing that our lawn/landscaping service is owned by our neighbor who lives 5 houses away from us and lately we have been seeing him instead of one of his employees mowing our lawn).