PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat

lchang25000
06-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Anyone have this? Would you recommend it? All the reviews seem to be positive. I see that it comes in 2 color combos.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3553506

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DEW8N/ref=s9_sims_gw_s1_p21_t3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TR47R6JYPWG1ZGN0GP9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

alirebco
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
We have it and love it. It was $20-25 and we have gotten so much use out of it. We keep it in our car and use it in restaurants - DS was too small for the regular highchair for a while plus it keeps him better contained. We also use it at other's peoples houses all the time. Definitely worth it!

lchang25000
06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Why is the white/blue/green one so much more expensive than the red/white/beige one?

justincase
06-23-2009, 06:45 PM
We actually have two, we liked it so much! We kept one in the car for restaurants and other people's houses like PP said, and kept one on a chair at home when DS no longer wanted to sit in the highchair but needed a boost. I am not sure why one color would cost more. We had one of each but bought them a year apart (we got sick of lugging the one in and out of the car) and just thought they had changed the color. I don't remember the second one (yellow and orange) costing more than the first (blue and green). HTH!

ltmommy
06-23-2009, 07:05 PM
I have 2 also, one for home and one for the car. This is hands-down the one baby item that has gotten the most use, after the crib. DD started using this at home when she was about 18 mos, and DS started at about 12 mos, when I got tired of cleaning the highchair. The one in my car doesn't get quite as much use, but is priceless when a) we go over to someone's house, b) we get to a restaurant and realize that either they don't have any highchairs or they are all in use, and c) when friends with kids come over and we need an extra.

When I got mine there was only 1, very plain version. I think the newer more expensive version comes with toys? Nice to have I guess when baby is little, but completely unnecessary now that we just use the seat part.

ohiomom1121
06-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Why is the white/blue/green one so much more expensive than the red/white/beige one?
That's because it's from some annoying 3rd party Amazon seller who jacks up the prices when items are a little hard to find. That drives me nuts!! They cost around $25 in stores (I've bought them for many baby showers). The red one might just be a new version...we bought two of the blue ones around 4 years ago. The seats are awesome!! My DF and SIL had them as well and loved them.

ETA: If you go to the Amazon link and click the red one, it's $29.99 from Amazon so free shipping. The BRU version is a few dollars less but it's online only so you'll pay shipping.

lchang25000
06-23-2009, 07:51 PM
That's because it's from some annoying 3rd party Amazon seller who jacks up the prices when items are a little hard to find. They cost $25 in stores. The red one might just be a new version...we bought two of the blue ones around 4 years ago. The seats are awesome!! My DF and SIL had them as well and loved them.
Yep.. the red one is the new version. I just ordered it from Walmart.com for $25 and had it shipped to my local store so no shipping charges!
:yay:

shoxie
06-23-2009, 07:58 PM
We have a blue and white version that came with a snap-in yellow tray which has electronic games on it and a little book. Not sure if it's around as I didn't search. In any case, that little toy tray thingie is not worth it, though when we purchased a couple years ago we got a deal on it. It is absolutely a great buy!! We used it first for our DD starting around 6mos until around 20mos and now DS is using it. Great to take to other peoples' homes and to restaurants, picnics, wherever. Definitely get it! :)

ohiomom1121
06-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Yep.. the red one is the new version. I just ordered it from Walmart.com for $25 and had it shipped to my local store so no shipping charges!
:yay:
Perfect! Glad you found a good price. You'll love it. We started using one for DD at 9 months because our condo at Hilton Head didn't have a highchair and were hooked. It went everywhere!

Charlie
06-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I think the older one (the blue model) has a height adjustment mechanism while the orange one does not. I could be wrong though - thought I remembered reading that somewhere when I was researching the seat. Anyway, it is a great seat!

zag95
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
I agree with PP that I think the Orange one is not adjustable, as the blue/green are. We LOVE THESE....One for each Grandma's house and one for us..... we just took ours to the beach for a few days and it worked really well for our dd who is 17 mos- we strapped her to a chair in her seat at a beach house we rented! Also great to have in the car for restarants, etc. if they don't have enough seats (which has happened to us a few times!)

Excellent and easy to clean!!!!:thumbsup:

ohiomom1121
06-26-2009, 07:49 AM
I looked at the red one at Target yesterday and it does still have the height adjustment. It was $25.XX. There was also a Rainforest version that was $10 more. You'll love it...I haven't met one person who didn't think it was one of their top baby items. :)

salsah
06-26-2009, 08:30 AM
i have it (well, two of them actually), and i love it. easy to use, easy to clean, easy to take to restaurants, has all the features i need.

petree
07-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Is the FP Booster seat stable on the ground/carpet?

leeni8
07-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Question: we are about to have our first in late October. Should I just skip getting a regular high chair and register for this one? It seems like a better alternative but I didn't know how soon it can be used.

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I find the regular high chair valuable, but YMMV.

alirebco
07-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Question: we are about to have our first in late October. Should I just skip getting a regular high chair and register for this one? It seems like a better alternative but I didn't know how soon it can be used.

Thanks!

My sister only used this for her first daughter, now 3, and she is doing the same for her 2nd child. If you have enough chairs, then you should be fine.