PDA

View Full Version : Wall organizer like pottery barn?

Octobermommy
06-23-2009, 11:04 PM
I have searched and all the recommendations I can find are old and I can't find them on their websites anymore.

I would love a monthly calendar, place for bills/ mail, ,receipts, keys and dh wallet. Also a corkboard or something for invitations and another place for notes. I really don't want to spend over $200 like the pottery barn one olis but I can ask for parts from different people for my birthday.

Is it worth it? Any great alternatives? Thanks.

Ladybug47
06-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I often see organizers like that in different wood colors at HomeGoods/TJ Maxx.

brittone2
06-25-2009, 01:46 PM
I'd figure out a way to DIY or find a cheaper option personally.

Last summer I decided I wanted to buy a whiteboard/dry erase calendar to use in our kitchen. Before I bought, I was lucky and found one at a yard sale for 25 cents. I love it and use it all of the time. It is large enough to give quite a bit of room to fill in everything I need, and then it has a space on the side margin for notes (groceries, phone numbers, to do list, etc.)

Office supply stores, etc. usually carry these. If you really want the PB look, I'd look for a frame (I see thrifted/yard sale frames for under $5 bucks all of the time...or you could buy a frame to go around your calendar and still only be out a fraction of what PB will charge.

Ditto cork boards. You can buy these at office stores, or Michaels/AC Moore (use a 40% off coupon of course ;) ) and those places also sell rolls of cork that you could probably staple on the back of a backless frame to make a cute cork board.