PDA

View Full Version : Best website for sending flowers/giftbaskets?

BigDog
06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
I want to send flowers or some sort of food-type giftbasket to a relative who just had surgery, can anyone recommend a good website? TIA!

indigo99
06-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I've always heard that it is best to contact someone local to the delivery. You seem to get more for your money that way so maybe search for Whateverville + best florist online. Lots of the national ones contract out to smaller ones anyway, but they take a cut first of course.

urquie
06-24-2009, 08:10 PM
I want to send flowers or some sort of food-type giftbasket to a relative who just had surgery, can anyone recommend a good website? TIA!

sometimes local grocery stores will deliver flowers (safeway for example). the price for flowers is usually way cheaper than through a florist.

i usually put the recipients address into google maps and use the search nearby feature, searching for florists and grocery stores. the closer they are, the cheaper the delivery (usually).

if i don't have time to research a local grocer or florist, i'll use proflowers... assuming they have a great deal going on (like 2 dozen full-size roses for $29.00).

another option would be the hospital's gift shop... no delivery fee. :)

infomama
06-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Not sure if they are home yet but Edible Arrangements are awesome. http://www.ediblearrangements.com/Default.aspx
For flowers I usually use ProFlowers but sometimes you have to upgrade the arrangements or they arrive looking pretty measly.

amycoh
06-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Harry & Davids is always an excellent choice

BigDog
06-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think I might go with the idea of the hospital gift shop since the recipient will still be in the hospital for a bit.

DietCokeLover
06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
We've always used Proflowers.com for flowers and have always been really pleased with the quality.

cicada
06-24-2009, 10:55 PM
I've always had good luck with local florists, and I like cookiesbydesign.com for cookies. Note, though, that the shipping charges at cookiesbydesign.com can be pretty high. Same also with Harry & David, and you should check the estimated delivery date if you go with H&D. We ordered a gift basket from there recently, and when I went back on the website the delivery date was showing as a month after the order! Needless to say, we canceled.

zag95
06-25-2009, 11:12 PM
I used Proflowers for my mom for mother's day.... they were nice!

Chag78
06-26-2009, 11:48 AM

http://www.winecountrygiftbaskets.com/
It's a really good one, and with good prices.

brittone2
06-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd call around to local places if you can get the info.

We sent MIL an edible arrangement not long ago (I'd wait until the person was at home vs. the hospital) and it was well-received.

Harry and David is nice. www.southernseason.com is somewhat similar (nice gift baskets, etc.) and local to us here in NC. Their store is lovely. You might compare what they have to H&D.