PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy board games

Sweetum
06-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy some board games for my niece and nephew who are 10 and 8 yo. Don't want to spend a ton of money, but want to get them something interesting. Prefer a B&M store. TIA!!

-SunshineAndMe

citymama
06-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Target? TRU? Local toy store? all good places for board games. Online, amazon.com generally has the best prices. HTH!

salsah
06-25-2009, 02:09 AM
sorry, i don't have an answer for you but i was just thinking about getting some board games for a 10 & an 8 yr old but i don't have a clue what they might like. i would love to hear your suggestions.

SnuggleBuggles
06-25-2009, 07:27 AM
I buy from a local, non chain store in my city. It's the kind of place "gamers" would go to buy their Magic cards, D&D stuff...but they also sell a ton of fabulous games. Everywhere we have lived has at least one of these stores around. There are so many more wonderful games out there than what they have at TRU and Target. Ravensberger games are our favorites.

Beth

amycoh
06-25-2009, 07:47 AM
etoys.com has free shipping on all board games right now

ett
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Thinkfun and Gamewright has fun games for older kids.

MarisaSF
06-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Do they play chess? If not, and they want to learn, "No Stress Chess" is a great family game. DD started playing it at age 4 and I started playing at 35. Never too early or late to learn!

I love buying games at a local independent toy and game store. They seem to have the best selection AND are helpful in pointing me towards popular games for different ages.