PDA

View Full Version : It's JUNE TWENTYfourth NOT JULY 4th!

kijip
06-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Fire crackers.

Early.

Lots of them.

Easily startled by noises from outside 6 year old.

6th month old baby not accustomed to hearing loud popping sounds.

UGH!

After my earlier BP with the man in my yard you must be thinking I live in a crazy place. Frankly I'd rather someone steal my stroller, heck steal my flipping CAR rather than deal with 2 weeks of steady firecracker noise.

mamicka
06-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Ohhhhh - I can't stand that either. Only here, they don't start as early but they set them off for weeks.

trales
06-25-2009, 01:46 PM
I am so there with you.

boolady
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
We haven't had to deal with firecrackers yet, and I guess I'm kind of hijacking, but we're dealing with incessant and endless fireworks displays this week and next. Tuesday night there were fireworks for the start of the private school carnival down the street. Friday night there are fireworks and a concert being put on by my town for reasons I'm unsure of. Saturday night or Sunday night, there are going to be fireworks in the big county park a short distance away because of some festival-type thing they have going on there. Next week, there is at least one fireworks display for the 4th celebration...I think on Friday the 3rd?

Hey, I love fireworks and all, but it starts to take away from the July 4th tradition when they become same old, same old...you know? By the 4th, I'm always like, "Yawn, more fireworks. I'm going to bed and reading a magazine." It's kind of like walking into a department store in October and seeing Christmas decorations.

mariza
06-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I feel your pain! Firecrackers are against the law in my state, but my next door neighbor's boyfriend lives in a neighboring state where they are legal so he has brought them with him the last 3 weekends. My *favorite* part? When her teenage boys light them off without adult supervision into the WOODS behind our houses! She's lucky they stooped after I poked my head out my back door and asked if their Mom was home. If they hadn't I would have called the cops!
I told DH I do NOT want our kids over there when they are being lit, I don't trust this guy one bit. Are fireworks legal for residential use where you live? Can/would you call the police and report it?