PDA

View Full Version : Tray storage for Rainforest high chair???

MCsMom
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
We have the FP Rainforest and so far DD is liking it.
My question is: where exactly is the tray storage behind the chair I keep hearing about?
It even says it in the manual but doesn't actually show where it is.
If you store your tray behind the chair, please let me know how it's done!

Thanks!

IDcam
06-26-2009, 01:46 AM
I, too, have the Rainforest high chair and didn't know that there was a place to store the tray. But I found it! They have it snapped (I think) into the back leg. Check out the attached picture from the Fisher-Price website. I'll have to go downstairs and play with it now. :D

scmama
06-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for posting this... I knew mine had storage too, but wasn't sure where it was.

Staraglimmer
06-28-2009, 01:53 PM
How did I miss this? :duh:

happymom
06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else still having trouble figuring out how this is done?

happymom
06-28-2009, 05:34 PM
So...I just looked at the 360 degree view of this high chair on the fisher price website- it looks like there are supposed to be some sort of clips on the back legs which the tray would attach to.....my high chair doesnt have those clips!!! Gotta ask DH what happened to those since he's the one who put it together! LOL mystery solved!

MacMacMoo
07-03-2009, 01:11 AM
I figured it out! on the back of the high chair legs are two little orange things. If you you look at the try upside down, on the blue parts there are little grooves that let the orange circle things slide in.

happymom
07-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Guess what? I don't have orange things on the legs, or blue things on the tray! What's up with that? DH says there were no extra pieces left after assembling it so he has no clue what could have happened to those clips- plus theres no mention of them in our manual.

MacMacMoo
07-03-2009, 01:40 AM
perhaps some pictures will help....

One is the back of the highchair.
One is the backside of the tray... the big tray... not the snap on divided tray.
and one pictures is the tray on the highchair back.

hope that helps

srhs
07-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Huh. I have the blue clips but not the orange clips. Plus, mine's legs seem way too wide to have the tray stretch across. So mysterious! Do we all have different models?

happymom
07-03-2009, 02:51 PM
So sweet of you to take the time to post pics for us. Now I know for sure we have different models somehow. I do not have the orange clips, and the blue things under my tray do not have holes for the clips to attach too. Weird huh? When did you buy yours? Mine is only a few months old (maybe 3?)

MacMacMoo
07-04-2009, 12:45 AM
oh, mine is ooooold. I'm gussing 2.5 years now, its working on kid number two, but its taken me this long to figure out the tray thing so go figure

happymom
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
hmmm, I wonder why they would take away such a great feature like that?

emily
07-08-2009, 12:50 PM
We got ours a little over a year ago. Cant wait to go home and see if ours has the clips. I hope it does. Our tray just roams our kitchen most of the time.

MCsMom
07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
MMM Thanks for posting those pictures!
Now I know that our chair does NOT have the orange clips :irked:
Oh well. Guess it will have to stay propped up against our dining room wall :rolleye0014:

emily
07-10-2009, 11:55 AM
DANG, no orange clips!!!
Why would they get rid of such a great feature!!