PDA

View Full Version : Ebags packing cubes

nupe
06-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I was looking for some more packing cubes to simplify packing all the stuff for the little ones and myself. I have Columbia brand ones and I don't see those anymore anywhere. I know I have seen the Eagle Creek cubes on line quite a bit. Lowest price I could find online was 10.50 for a basic cube at amazon with FSSS. I was checking ebags and found a good deal on the blossom medium cubes:
http://www.ebags.com/ebags/medium_packing_cubes_3pc_set_closeout_colors/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=133540
11.99 plus shipping for 3 medium cubes, after 20% promotion on ebags website right now
Other sizes/colors on sale too, but not as good of a deal
FYI: Ebates price ends up higher (8% off and FS if over $75)

Nechums
06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Wow. I was always looking for a more efficient way to pack. Maybe this is the answer. How many of these do you find you need for let's say a week-long trip?

lowrioh
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
I have these bags and they are great! Made traveling a lot easier.

nupe
06-27-2009, 04:19 PM
So for a recent 1 week trip I packed into my columbia cubes, the large size that I have holds a pair of jeans folded in half, almost, in third definitely. I had a wedding and parties to attend, and Disney. My cubes are out of town (without me right now) so I don't have them to measure and compare with ebags sizes. And that is why I need more right away for another trip I am planning, before my own cubes come back.

For myself: One large cube for dressy clothes. One large cube for casual clothes. A smaller one for workout clothes and pajamas. A small one for underwear and socks. I also had a hanging bag of dresses in the suitcase.
For DC1: I find that a large cube can hold folded tshirts and shorts, stacked in 2 columns very neatly, or one column in a medium columbia cube. Then I use a really small one for socks, unders, pajamas.
For DC2: onesies and shorts into medium cube.

I think it depends on how you like to organize things. By size, occassion, tops vs bottoms, etc. I really like that I can keep the DC clothes separated this way, and still packed into same suitcase.

fattytuna
06-27-2009, 05:39 PM
code "CATAPLPH8" for free shipping. But you lose the 20% off.

bubbaray
06-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I packed in cubes for our trip to Disneyland. We only took 2 large suitcases, so I packed for the girls and myself in cubes. It worked well. However, I still prefer packing each person's stuff in separate dufflebags. For airtravel, that results in too many bags for 1 person to wrangle at the baggage claim and through security (while the other person wrangles kids and strollers and carseats, for example). We will probably continue to use large suitcases and cubes for air travel and individual LLBean duffles for road travel. We could use cubes for the duffles too, but I don't really see the need for that.

HTH

neeleymartin
06-27-2009, 08:31 PM
i have these in pink. i have to say that a ziploc bag is my preferred method. they are too floppy for my taste. clever idea. on a scale of 1 to 5, i give them a 3. just okay.

Twoboos
06-27-2009, 08:45 PM
i have to say that a ziploc bag is my preferred method.

Y'know, this is a great idea. They have those super-sized ziplocks now. I think I'll try that next time. Thank you for curbing my buying!! :)

KrisM
06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
We also have the LLBean duffles. One for each person - different colors and our name on them :).

We have some of the Eagle Creek for me and DH. I like that it is easy to keep clean clothes seperate from dirty clothes.

We use Ziplocs for the kids. I pack an entire outfit in a ziploc - shorts, shirt, underwear. Anyone can get my kids dressed...even DH :). It's a bit of a pain to use all the Ziplocs, but I prefer it.

Melaine
06-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I do the same thing with grocery bags, just tie them in a knot. It does really help for longer trips.

nupe
07-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Packing cube update:

My cubes arrived on Tues, one day before they were scheduled to arrive. I ordered medium and small. THe medium ones are the right size for a folded adult shirt or blouse. Small ones are the right size for underwear, socks, etc.

They are a tad floppier than my columbia ones, and not as deep, but still extremely helpful to keep things organized, less wrinkle prone, and together. The columbia ones are invaluable at airport security so everything doesn't fall out when my bag is searched, and still kind of visible.