PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer infant travel bed

crl
06-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Anyone have feedback about the Eddie Bauer infant travel bed or other suggestions? We are hoping to adopt domestically, which may mean travel on short notice. So I am thinking we may need a safe place for a newborn to sleep for a few nights in a hotel. I want something light and easy to pack. I would rather get something inexpensive even if it has a relatively short lifespan, especially as the grandparents already have decent cribs for when we visit and we already have an inflatable toddler bed from when our son was little.

Thanks!
Catherine

sadie427
06-27-2009, 01:25 AM
We adopted domestically about 4 months ago and have this travel bed. If you do know you definitely don't want to cosleep for those first few days, it is probably the best option. It is very lightweight, we had it in our suitcase. He ended up sleeping in it just a few times--he was fussy and slept with us part of the time too. I don't think he disliked the bed-he was just a fussy newborn who needed to be right next to us. We used it when he was a bit older with slightly better results, and will probably use it once or twice more before he grows out of it.

Even though we didn't use it much, I was glad to have it as an option. I was glad not to have to lug a pack and play (especially now that they charge for checked luggage on most airlines) and the pack and play they offered us in the hotel was not in acceptable condition.

There are some similar threads on this in the Adoption section, and feel free to PM me about domestic adoption travel as well. Good luck!

crl
06-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks!
Catherine