PDA

View Full Version : Specialized hotwalk questions

nikamama
06-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi - new to the forums here, and have some questions for all of you specialized owners. I live a good 25 minute drive from the nearest Specialized dealer, but am interested in the Hotwalk. I've looked it up online, but the specs don't mean a lot to me. Guess I need them spelled out (as in "seat height is xx", weight is xx lbs/g, etc). My concern about the hotwalk is that my DD will outgrow it too soon - she's 2.5 and fairly tall - 36.5" with an inseam of at least 14.25", probably more since she was wiggling too much for me to get an accurate measurement. I'm kind of driving myself crazy trying to decide which price point to go with - spending the cash on the LaB, going the less expensive route and getting an outlet Kinderbike, or go somewhere in between and get the Hotwalk. I really want my DD to get into biking so I want something that is comfortable AND safe, and something that will last her until she's ready for a pedal bike (4 or 5, I'm guessing?) Thanks in advance to anyone who has info for me :)

LBW
06-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi-

I don't know the seat height measurements on the Hotwalk, but my 80-ish percentile (in height) 3-year old still uses his everyday. He has tried out his brother's Puky XL, and it is still a tad big for him. IMO the Hotwalk is the perfect balance bike for 2-3 year olds. It's well built, but light enough for them to easily maneuver.

If you don't want to make the trek out to the bike shop, maybe call and ask them to measure the seat at its lowest and highest heights. Them compare those measurements to your daughter's inseam. I'm surprised Specialized doesn't have that measurement in its specs, but I didn't see it when I just checked the website.