PDA

View Full Version : JC Penney nursery sets

leeni8
06-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi! First time mom-to-be in need of nursery help. Looking at a few sets at JC Penney and trying to decide. Has anyone recently purchased any of the following:

Tribeca -
Rockland - thinking of mixing Hartford crib with Cottage-style dresser and chest
Monterey -

Regarding Tribeca, I'm a little concerned that the changing table is a little narrow as it looks like it only fits the changing pad. Am I just being paranoid? Also, does the guard rail come off? Finally, how do you feel about the "cubbies" instead of top drawers?

Thanks for all your help!

KarenLud
06-26-2009, 10:24 PM
We have the Rockland Renew crib and combo dresser and really like them both. I know it's not one listed in your options, but I thought I'd throw it out there as i know when I was trying to find reviews on JCP stuff I couldn't find much. I find the quality good and the colors online were pretty true to what we got. Good experience with the delivery option. We ended up getting free delivery by adding it to a registry and then shipping to a local store. I was pretty nervous about ordering furniture I hadn't seen in person, but we are glad we did. Good luck!

Scott Bennett
06-27-2009, 10:18 AM
The Tribeca guard rail does come off. I'll leave the other questions to someone a little less biased!

leeni8
06-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Scott, I'm assuming that means you are not a big fan, either of the Tribeca set or JC Penney furniture? Please explain - I'd like all opinions before I make a decision. Thanks!

Scott Bennett
06-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Scott, I'm assuming that means you are not a big fan.

I designed it! I'm one of the owners of Westwood.

leeni8
06-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Scott,
My apologies! I just got a great reply to my emailed inquired from Scott Krueger with your company, and I really commend you guys for replying so quickly. iI's making my decision a lot easier as you seem to have a great company with a great product. THANK YOU and keep us the great customer service!

I hope to report back with great things on my purchase soon.

leeni8
07-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Scott, if you're out there still, we LOVE our new Tribeca set! The crib is especially stunning and everything arrived pretty much without a scratch. (Gosh is this stuff sturdy!)
But I just have one question - how can I remove the stickers on the side sections without removing the finish? I definitely don't want to ruin the crib! Please help!

Scott Bennett
08-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Tricky question. Per regulations, those warning labels are required to be permanent. Which means you're not supposed to be able to remove them without destroying either the label or the product. I'm probably supposed to tell you to leave them in place and read them often. That said, if you happened to peel the majority of the paper off by hand, a citrus based remover like Goo Gone should get the adhesive residue off.

Whenever you do something to the finish, it's always a good idea to test it first on a part that's not normally visible, like on the inside of the headboard bottom rail. It's also possible that the sticker will leave behind a mark where the finish isn't as shiny as the surrounding area- this happens because the labels are applied at the factory often before the finish has had a chance to fully cure.

Other than that, glad to hear you're happy with the furniture, and feel free to email me with any questions.

Assassinann
08-08-2009, 02:56 PM
We just purchased the Tribeca Crib and Changing Table/Dresser and LOVE IT! The dresser looks a lot smaller online then in person, it is actually quite wide! Very happy with both of them.