PDA

View Full Version : DD, give mommy the doorknob!

ha98ed14
06-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Yes. That's right. Over here. Give it to me. Now!

kijip
06-26-2009, 10:22 PM
:ROTFLMAO:

In similar news, I had no idea where all the batteries from the pantry shelf were going, till I found them all in T's room for his electricity book experiments. Darling, you just need ONE. Now give the others BACK.

ha98ed14
06-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Yesterday it was, "Give mommy the Sharpie." We really are vigilant, but now that DD is tall enough to reach up on to the table AND my desk AND the 3rd shelf of the Expedit, there are only so many places that remain out of reach in 950 sq. ft.

srhs
06-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Yea, we're staying with family out of town, and I had to potty and therefore leave DS "free" in the area but where I could see him. In those 60 seconds, he dragged the plugged in monitor into the bathroom, CHEWING on it, gave the computer plug a few good yanks in the wall, and managed to reach up and grab my water cup to DUMP on the floor. Hrmph.

trentsmom
06-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Yesterday it was, "Give mommy the Sharpie." We really are vigilant, but now that DD is tall enough to reach up on to the table AND my desk AND the 3rd shelf of the Expedit, there are only so many places that remain out of reach in 950 sq. ft.

That's why the top of my fridge is loaded with pens, pencils, scissors, and other enticing things!

DietCokeLover
06-27-2009, 04:43 PM

I feel your pain. I feel like I am constantly chasing children and looking for places up high to hide things. DD and DS can now reach just about anything, and if they can't reach it, they will locate something to stand on so that they can reach it. Amazing how resourceful they can be.

ha98ed14
06-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I feel your pain. I feel like I am constantly chasing children and looking for places up high to hide things. DD and DS can now reach just about anything, and if they can't reach it, they will locate something to stand on so that they can reach it. Amazing how resourceful they can be.

The only up-side to their resourcefulness is that it shows perseverance and problem solving skills; so you can rest assured that aren't dummies!

himom
06-27-2009, 09:52 PM

:yeahthat:

In our house, DS2 hauls the stool that we are using for potty training out of the bathroom and puts it to use for his escapades. When I caught him trying to go OVER the gate at the top of the stairs, the stool was banished and potty training now has to go on without it.

sarahsthreads
06-28-2009, 01:51 AM

This is how I can tell my 11 month old is going to be a little stinker. She can't walk yet, but she *already* pulls over the xylophone in front of the toy shelves so she can reach the teeny-tiny "big girl" toys in the upper bins. Plus she's figured out how to open the snap-top bins. It's hard on DD1 to have to keep her ponies and Barbies all picked up when DD2 is awake, but now we have to put them way up out of DD1's reach even so she has to ask for them any time she wants to play with them. :(

I'm expecting DD2 to conquer the top of the fridge any day now...

Sarah :)