PDA

View Full Version : bravado tank sizing?

junebaby07
06-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I was just wondering how the sizing on the bravado tanks is? If you were a Large in the regular nursing bra, what size are you getting in the tank?

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
06-27-2009, 11:05 PM
mine are band and cup sized...love them

Ladybug47
06-28-2009, 04:55 PM
I've been wearing the Body Silk nursing bra in size Medium, and the 36 B/C nursing tanks are what fit me best right now.

junebaby07
06-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the tips! I have the bodysilk bra in medium and I ordered the tank in 38 C/D. I hope that works!

WatchingThemGrow
06-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I've been wearing the Body Silk nursing bra in size Medium, and the 36 B/C nursing tanks are what fit me best right now.
:yeahthat:
i may have the 38 tanks, but yes love body silk

Ladybug47
06-30-2009, 12:20 PM
On the breakoutbras.com site, there's also a helpful note about the sizing of the tanks:

**MELISSA'S PERSONAL COMMENTS** This is the best nursing tank on the market. It is supportive, comfortable, and provides a nice shape. (There will be no uni-boob if you are in the correct size.) If you are not sure which cup size to order, order one size up. The band fits correctly so order according to your measurements.

http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/bresnubrata.html

mamalia
07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I got fitted and wear a L in the Body Silk - the band is a little big (currently on the middle setting at 39 weeks) but the M's cup size was way too small when I got fitted at around 30 weeks so they definitely would not have worked long-term. I think I'm probably a DD at this point of my pregnancy.

So anyway about the tank sizing - the 38 D/E is perfect on me right now. And I can see it fitting well in the early days after baby is born while I'm super engorged. I think the 38 band size will still work later on, but I bought two 36 D/E tanks for later in the nursing months. This is my second baby and I remembered that in the early weeks I mostly lived in sleep nursing bras (and now I have my body silk in the mix). By the time I wanted to wear tanks (Glamourmom ones back then) I had shrunk in size - both band and cup size. So hopefully that will be the case this time around too. The tanks seem pretty stretchy and according to others don't shrink much so hopefully this was a good decision on my part.

FYI, for those looking for body silk bras, there's a bravado coupon code right now for 25% off. JLW-169 at bravadodesigns.com. The code expires at midnight on 1/7/09. I meant to check to see how this compared to possible 20% codes from breakoutbras. I searched the archives and there was a post that said breakoutbras was usually cheaper than direct bravado promotions because they offer free shipping.

HTH someone, sorry if too late for original poster (hope your sizing guess worked out), I just didn't have any experience with the tanks when originally posted.

junebaby07
07-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Just wanted to add I got the 38 D/E and it seems to fit well, even at 7 months pregnant (though it is definitely stretched out over my belly). I am hopeful it will work for the first few months of nursing!