PDA

View Full Version : OK, if this were an IQ test, I would have failed.

dcmom2b3
06-27-2009, 09:57 PM
ETA: Housebroken? Did I say housebroken? Cuz that frickin' puddle I just mopped up says otherwise. . . .

I'm declaring all mammals under 10 pounds enemy combatants to be incarcerated until further notice. Ya think John Yoo would write me a memo to support that? :ROTFLMAO:(Yes I'm cracking myself up. Or maybe just cracking up . . .)

============================

Where was my brain on the day that I agreed to dog-sit for my neighbor for a week ? We've got pan-de-monium here. I'm struggling to hang onto alpha female status in this wacky little cross-species pack I now have. If the price of chardonnay rises sharply in the next few days, you'll know that I've made a dent in the worldwide supply.

Why did I not recall that his dog is a less than 1 year old Yorkie who is not used to toddlers? And my exuberant, physical toddler is a 2.5 year old, who's not used to less than 1 year old Yorkies. That dogs need walking, and brushing, and playtime (just like toddlers)? That puppies eat sh*t they shouldn't and then puke (just like toddlers)? That toddler toys are just the kind of thing that dogs would love to eat, and then puke up? Why, oh why, did I not think of any of this?

On the bright side, since the dog is housebroken, I'm using her walks to talk up potty training with dd. And they are stinking cute together. They have the same hairstyle (fountain ponytail on top of head that slips to the back by the end of the day). They jump on furniture together and bark at each other. Yes, bark.

At least if I can't find a good preschool, DD will fit right in in doggie daycare . . .

bubbaray
06-27-2009, 10:05 PM
LOL. Welcome to my world. Well, except if I put Bubba's hair up, he'd freak out. ;)

I wouldn't worry tooo much about the brushing (well, of the dog) -- take her to the groomers the day before the owner comes home and its all good. A good bath and brushing, you'll be golden....

Of course, B is gonna want a dog now. You know that, right?? See avatar, though if your wardrobe is mainly black, I HIGHLY suggest the black model, not the yellow... :love-retry:

o_mom
06-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey, just be happy that he is housebroken. Far from a given in a less than one year old yorkie.

Cracking up at the ponytails, though... you must get pictures of that!

clb
06-27-2009, 10:43 PM
I have dog-sat a friend's westies twice. The first time was for a week at my friend's house and it was a nightmare. One hated me and the other loved me. One dog would hop over a baby gate, come upstairs, get into my bed while I was sleeping and lick my face. I would sit down to eat dinner and he would be in my lap licking my face. I guess I should say I never had a dog so it was a shock. The other dog would growl and bare his teeth at me when ever I took out his hairbrush.

The second time, I watched them at my house for a weekend. I was so sad when they left. I love those little guys now. They are unbelievably cute. Who knows... maybe you'll want a yorkie by the end of the week.;)

Every dog DS sees at the park is greeted with a bark. One little poodle came a little closer, stared at him and didn't make a noise. DS seemed confused about why the dog didn't "understand" him. It struck me as so funny.

MamaMolly
06-27-2009, 11:24 PM
That was so much fun to read! I once doggy-sat a friend's yorkie. He wasn't potty trained when I got him but he was by the time he left 2 weeks later. He was a really sweet, smart dog, and I really enjoyed having him.

I had a little patch of mint in my yard and it was his preferred poop spot. I thought if I had to poop outside I'd also like to have a nice minty bit of ground to do it on. :)

One odd habit, though. He humped a stuffed green frog ENDLESSLY. Seriously, for about 30 minutes at a time. It was really disturbing. We'd try to watch TV or have a conversation and this little 1.5 lb rat dog is going to town under the coffee table. Of course DH's only comment was to admire his endurance. :ROTFLMAO:

MontrealMum
06-27-2009, 11:31 PM
DH's aunt has a Yorkie named Harry and he's pretty damn cute. But, he's been mercilessly trained by said aunt w/ a squirt gun. Apparently w/larger breeds (according to my uncle) they often use a rolled-up newspaper, but that'd flatten a Yorkie! Also, he's at least 8 yrs. old and trained to sit quietly in the aunt's purse on the bus :)

Anyways, we go over to play w/ Harry quite a bit as he's just the right size for DS and much more interesting than the IL's - and DS is in the stage of thinking all his stuffed toys are real. I will confess I was thinking of getting one when we get a bigger place (I've never had a dog, I thought it would be best to start small), but you have brought me back to reality :tongue5:

Here's hoping you all make it through in one piece, and don't let the dog drink the chardonnay!

ha98ed14
06-28-2009, 12:35 AM
At least if I can't find a good preschool, DD will fit right in in doggie daycare . . .

:ROTFLMAO:

There are so many similarities... My DD begs for food. She eats at the table with us. Half way through dinner she wants to be "All Done!" so we clean her up and excuse her from the table. 5 minutes later, she comes back and stands next to my chair and asks for "Some!" She also does this to DH when he has a glass of scotch in the evening. Stands right foot and says, "Some! Some! Some!"

dcmom2b3
06-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Of course, B is gonna want a dog now. You know that, right?? See avatar, though if your wardrobe is mainly black, I HIGHLY suggest the black model, not the yellow... :love-retry:

I know. And the problem is that I want a dog, too, have for years, even before Bunny's arrival. I prefer bigger dogs, but don't really have the set up for one, impact on my sanity aside.

I grew up with black Labs and Vizlas. The lab was the best. He was my great-grandma's dog and was huge (or so it seemed to my 3yo self). He used to let me ride him around the yard like a pony. So, he was a two-fer pet.

So I'm laying odds that my next IQ test failure will result in me buying both a pony and a dog for the Bunny. Or for me. Sanity is overrated, after all.