PDA

View Full Version : Dh, dh, dh!

LarsMal
06-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Can someone tell me what part of this statement makes sense?!?

"I didn't want you to wash my shirts that were in the laundry basket." (insert screeching record sound) HUH???

I woke up at 5:45 this morning to feed baby C and by 6:15 I was happy to see DH walking out the door for work!

As I was sitting in bed feeding her I saw him looking at a recently cleaned dress shirt in his closet. He looked at me and asked if I washed it. Um, yep, it was in the laundry basket. He proceeded to tell me he didn't want it washed. Then why the heck did you put it in the basket? His response, "I didn't have anywhere else to put it." Seriously?!??!

I have found suit pants in there before and know better than to put those it, but washer safe dress shirts that I've been washing for years?!? I guess I missed the memo that he has suddenly decided to start taking them to the dry cleaners again. Last time I checked I'm not a mind reader.

Oh yeah...and as he was getting ready to leave he sneezed obnoxiously loud three times right outside DD1's door. Then he came back to our room, poked his head in and *whispered*, "M is stirring." and made a "yikes" kind of face. No sh&t she's stirring! Thankfully she settled back down and slept until 9AM.

MEN!!! (or at least MY man!)

niccig
06-29-2009, 01:05 PM
What is it with men and not using their words? It's like we have to be psychic.

My DH did the same thing over the weekend. I asked why he hasn't brushed HIS dog's teeth as she tolerates it better from him. She is our dog now, but she was his for years before we met. He told me he needs my help to do it and I'm always busy doing something else. He has never once asked me to help him do it - so I told him he needs to start using HIS words like we're teaching DS to do and to ASK for help. The dog needs to go to the vet as she has a broken tooth - it's probably not because of lack of brushing - she broke one when she was playing with a dog 2 years ago. But he still needs to brush her teeth and to use his words to get me to help.

HIU8
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah--like I'm supposed to know what to do with the clothes that DH just drops on the edge of the bed. Half the time they are for the laundry. The other half the dry cleaner. SEPARATE THEM, DH!! YOU ARE A BIG BOY!

Ceepa
06-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh yeah...and as he was getting ready to leave he sneezed obnoxiously loud three times right outside DD1's door. Then he came back to our room, poked his head in and *whispered*, "M is stirring." and made a "yikes" kind of face. No sh&t she's stirring! Thankfully she settled back down and slept until 9AM.

Sorry, but this had me chuckling out loud.:p

justincase
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah--like I'm supposed to know what to do with the clothes that DH just drops on the edge of the bed. Half the time they are for the laundry. The other half the dry cleaner. SEPARATE THEM, DH!! YOU ARE A BIG BOY!

Oh wait, except that *still other times* he is going to "recycle them" and wear them again. And we are in proud possession of (1) a hamper for laundry, (2) a big blue Ikea bag for dry cleaning, (3) hooks on the door for recycled clothes (thanks to the BBB for that idea). Just use the system, DH!! Glad I'm not alone.

MamaMolly
06-29-2009, 03:50 PM
What, he didn't have a hanger in the closet? MEN!!

I gotta say anything in the hamper is fair game. PUH-LEEZ he's lucky. I quit washing DH's dress shirts about 2 years into our marriage. Much to my MIL's horror. But the dry cleaner does a much better job, for one thing, and now in this crappy townhouse we are renting (almost done!! YAY!!) the dryer is rusty so clothes often end up with a random rust streak across them. It washes out in the next wash, but still. Every load. Sigh.

My issue is DH's latest thing which is to pile pants at at the foot of the bed. HE knows which ones need to be where, but there is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH I'm sticking my nose in *that* to find out.

I've also recently tired of asking DH to take the hamper of clean folded laundry from the basement to the 2nd story so I can put the clothes away. So now I just ask him maybe twice, and I keep on folding and stacking in the hamper and when he runs out of underpants he brings it up. Usually on the second day he has to rot to the basement in the buff.

Men. Grumble, grumble...

LarsMal
06-29-2009, 03:58 PM

My issue is DH's latest thing which is to pile pants at at the foot of the bed. HE knows which ones need to be where, but there is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH I'm sticking my nose in *that* to find out.

:ROTFLMAO: :hysterical: Thanks for the laugh!

I am trying to get used to this new dryer (and can't wait to get *my* washer/dryer back). I put a pair of DH's shorts in the other day and they shrunk up a bit. He was complaining at the wrong time so I told him he could either 1) do your own laundry or 2) lose some weight and they won't be tight anymore. That one didn't go over too well!!!!

bigpassport
06-29-2009, 04:04 PM
My solution...don't do hubby's laundry:) My DH came trained to do laundry, and I decided when we got married that I wasn't going to untrain him. So DH does his own laundry. If he gets behind, its his problem (its kind of sad because he can't multi-task so it is a big chore for him to do laundry). He takes his own shirts/suits to the cleaners when he needs to. Maybe you could suggest separate laundry baskets to your dh so you won't make the same "mistake" again;)

niccig
06-29-2009, 04:25 PM
My solution...don't do hubby's laundry:) My DH came trained to do laundry, and I decided when we got married that I wasn't going to untrain him.

My DH does all the laundry - mine and DS. I do it some times when he's busy, but mostly it's his job. I traded it when I took over the bill paying. I figured not having underwear was better than not having bills paid. DH is better about the laundry now that he does it.

hbridge
06-29-2009, 08:27 PM

MEN!!! (or at least MY man!)

This happened here THIS MORNING as well. Of course that meant DC was up at 6 am for the day after a crazy weekend...

Men need to communicate (okay that was a generalization, but my man needs to communicate....)

newg
06-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, DH was giving me a hard time the other day about laundry so I suggested we go to his parent's method...MIL does all laundry except FIL's.....or he should just shut it and deal with my methods........he shut it......
It's got to be a guy thing......I swear DH undresses as he walks through the house and just drops clothes.......today: dress shirt on PNP in family room, shoes in kitchen, pants and socks....who knows...!