PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof Mattress Cover?

Mrs.Christie
06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Any recommendations for a truly waterproof mattress cover?

I plan to get the LA Baby Organic 2-in-1 mattress and it will need a cover since it is just cotton. I don't care that the cover will end up being non-organic. I'm not a big fan of "organic" anyway, I just like the mattress b/c of the 2-in-1 feature, high coil count and good price.

I looked at some mattress covers online and it seems like some just repel water, I want one that will not allow any liquid through. Is a plastic one my only option?

pastrygirl
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I never really got to test the crib one because my son never made much of a mess in the crib, but I love the Land's End mattress covers. I use them on his twin bed now, and am about to order one for my queen bed. In his twin bed, he's peed through his diaper several times and it never makes it to the mattress. Last time was yesterday, and I felt the underside of the mattress pad and it wasn't even damp, even though the top was soaked!

Fairy
06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Oops. Nevermind, this is for cribs not beds. Nevermind my original post here, sorry!

Yeah, we never had a mattress cover for our crib. Ours was pretty wipe down-able.

hehateme
06-30-2009, 11:45 AM
We bought Colgate Wee-A-Way Crib Mattress Pad.
It was inexpensive and does the job.

Indianamom2
06-30-2009, 05:35 PM
I actually like the generic waterproof (vinyl backed) pads that you can buy anywhere bedding is sold (think Walmart). They are sort of fleecy on top and then have a non-crinkly sounding vinyl backing. They are very thin, but they do work. We never had a problem with leaking. They come in different sizes, so for the crib, you may have to/want to cut to fit, and they don't wrap around the mattress like a true mattress pad, but they're cheap and they work. I also like that they can be used on any size bed, so they last long after the crib phase (For instance, I'm using one on my 4.5 year old DD's queen bed (just under where she sleeps) and one under me and the sheet, since I'm 39 weeks pg and my water could break unexpectedly!)

Christina

tesslouise
07-07-2009, 09:42 AM
We bought a Circo absorbent mattress pad from Target.