PDA

View Full Version : Where to register for baby stuff and not run into insane return policies?

cbscherer
06-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Going with friend to help her register. I seem to recall that BRU and Target's return policies have changed for the worse since i had my DD? Recommendations?

hmm
06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I registered at BRU & BuyBuyBaby. You are right about the return policy at BRU, but it really depends on the store--mine will bend the rules. BuyBuyBaby was excellent and to this day (DS is 10 mos.) they accept returns no questions asked. I would highly recommend them. Good luck!

iaam
06-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I am a big fan of Buy Buy Baby and highly recommend them (if you have one around you). Their staff is very knowledgeable and CS is excellent. Like PP said, they have a no-hassle return policy, Finallly, they accept Bed Bath and Beyond coupons, which the gift giver will appreciate since everyone seems to get those! Now that DS is 18 months old and growing out of 'baby stuff' I don't get to go there as much, which is so sad:)

cbscherer
06-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I am a big fan of Buy Buy Baby and highly recommend them (if you have one around you). Their staff is very knowledgeable and CS is excellent. Like PP said, they have a no-hassle return policy, Finallly, they accept Bed Bath and Beyond coupons, which the gift giver will appreciate since everyone seems to get those! Now that DS is 18 months old and growing out of 'baby stuff' I don't get to go there as much, which is so sad:)

We are in NC so no BBB. :-(

ckso
06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I ran into the same situation when I registered but unfortunately, there's really not a whole lot of options unless you want to register online at places like Amazon.

BRU and Target did change their return policy but I don't think it's that bad. BRU allows exchanges on the registry up to 90 days from the date of the baby's birthdate without receipt. If someone forgot to tell them it's for your registry at the time of purchase, you can call BRU and have them put it on (at least that's what our BRU does).

Where I live, there's not a lot of BRU's around so for convenience for others, I registered at Target. Their return policy isn't so good but again, not a lot of choices in my area. They also have the 90 days return based on your registry but if someone forgot to tell them it's for your registry at the time of purchase, getting them to fix it is much harder.

I would stick with BRU. I honestly didn't have too much problems with returns. I end up with store credit but I shop there enough to use it very quickly.

Momit
06-30-2009, 01:35 PM
We did a registry at BRU a year ago and were happy with it. I preferred to manage the registry online rather than walking around the store with one of those scanner guns, but I think they give you more freebies if you do the initial set-up of the registry in the store. We found that most people who sent us gifts ordered them online (even ones who live near a BRU), so proximity to a B&M store may not be an issue for everyone.

leeni8
06-30-2009, 02:01 PM
First time mom-to-be running into the same problem ~ concerned about crazy return policies. Has anyone looked into registered at the regular Bed Bath and Beyond? Sure, you have to order everything in person at the store or online since the merchandise isn't in store, but you could probably use the 20% off coupons, right? Any thoughts? Would it be crazy to create a baby registry at Bed Bath and Beyond?