PDA

View Full Version : Monitor conundrum

ourbabygirl
06-30-2009, 09:10 AM
So we need to finally get a monitor (we've been using the intercom system in our house as a monitor) to take to grandparents' & friends' houses, & I'm wondering what I should do. The people I've heard from who have a video monitor really like it, & say that you can get even more use out of it when DC are toddlers & up to keep them from climbing out of the crib, etc. I've heard good things about the Summer hand-held ones, but they're all around $150-$200, & I'm not sure how much is reasonable to spend on one (or which brand is equally good). Otherwise I could get a cheaper one (Sony Babycall or something similar) just to have a portable one, & my husband said that we could set up a webcam here & watch DD from our computers. He also travels a bit for work, & he could see her & communicate with her from out of town that way.
I'm very confused with all the options & want to make a wise decision; not go overboard, but also have something high quality that will last a long time (this is our first kid).
I'd like to order/buy something in the next couple of days, as we'll need it when traveling to a friend's cottage next week.

WWYD?:)
Thanks for your help!

Charlie
06-30-2009, 09:35 AM
We have the Sony Babycall and I really like it. I thought I might want a video monitor but I looked through the Baby Bargains book before deciding and the Sony was the most highly rated and the video monitors were not given good reviews. The BB book has helped me pick all of my major baby gear and so far I have not been disappointed!