PDA

View Full Version : Hemp Milk-New Issue

HIU8
06-30-2009, 10:51 AM
DD has been drinking Hemp milk for 2 days. This morning she woke up with a rash on her face (same rash she got when eating strawberries and tomatoes). She is not allergic to anything per a ped allergist (we had testing done already). He said she could have a sensitivity to strawberries and tomatoes, but no true allergy. I'm going to continue with the Hemp milk and see what happens (no rash from strawberries anymore so I figure the rash from the Hemp milk may dissipate as well). If not, what do I do? She can't drink cows milk or soy. I'm worried about the arsenic in rice milk. Is almond milk ok, or does it have issues as well?

dsb22
07-01-2009, 01:08 AM
I hadn't heard about arsenic in rice milk...Darn. I just did a search and found articles about it. I've been drinking a lot of it and I'm breastfeeding, I imagine that's probably not good :( I haven't heard anything bad (yet) about almond milk. I saw coconut milk at Whole Foods about a month ago. I wasn't a big fan of the taste though.

Deanna

Rebekah, 2
Sam, 7 mos

doberbrat
07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
dd likes her almond milk and it has more fat than rice milk which is good.... havent tried hemp.

brittone2
07-01-2009, 03:26 PM
we use hemp and almond milk in smoothies. You can find organic almond milk as well.