PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm crazy!!!

billysmommy
07-01-2009, 03:11 PM
We just got a free dining PIN code for 8/23-12/17. I've ALWAYS wanted to go the beginning of December to see all the Christmas lights, go to the Christmas party, etc. I went ahead and booked the trip since no deposit is required for 7 days and have been scouting around for airfare. If I tweak the dates slightly we could have a 4 night/5 day trip at a deluxe, with parkhoppers and free dining, including airfare for less than $4000. Now to convince DH ~ wish me luck :)

JTsMom
07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Yep, you're totally crazy and should let me borrow your identity and PIN code. :ROTFLMAO:

Luuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyy! Go! You'll have a blast!

Corie
07-01-2009, 04:05 PM
We'll meet you there!!

Let's talk on Friday and discuss Disney! :)

Wish me luck for a pin code!

bnme
07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Have fun, you are so NOT crazy! I was just posting that Dec is my favorite time to go. This year we are going in Oct. Which deluxe are you staying at?

clc053103
07-01-2009, 05:33 PM
no you are not crazy, you're lucky!!! That's a great price for a wonderful vacation.

Mermanaid
07-01-2009, 06:45 PM
I want that code! We'll be there 12/6 - 12/12. Free dining would be wonderful. Are you a Disney Visa card holder? I've heard that card holders have received the code for those dates in the past.

Momof3Labs
07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I got that PIN too but really, really want a big discount on the room instead. Early Dec is a fantastic time to go - are you sure that 5 days is enough?? To add a few more nights, the only thing extra you'd have to pay for is the room - tickets don't go up much per day at that point, dining is free, airfare is what it is...

billysmommy
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
So I got all my reasons together why this would be a good thing and asked DH if he wanted to surprise the boys with a trip to Disney for Christmas and he amazed me by just saying "Sure" :) So this is going to be their Christmas present from us

5 days is enough for us this time. We were just there for a week in Jan 2009 and will be going back for a week/10 days in Jan 2011 so a quick trip this Dec will be fine. We're planning on just doing Epcot and Magic Kingdom this time since the only thing the boys loved at DHS was seeing the Power Rangers and Lightning & Mater and they weren't really into Animal Kingdom. We're planning on doing the Christmas party one night also. I'm so excited!!!

DietCokeLover
07-01-2009, 11:29 PM
What is the PIN code? Enlighten me! We're going to Disney in early Dec as well.

BeachBum
07-02-2009, 08:23 AM
What is the PIN code? Enlighten me! We're going to Disney in early Dec as well.

It is a code that is tied to your name (ie you can't share codes) that you get via email or snail mail for discounts.

Momof3Labs
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
DO NOT skip the Osborne family lights at DHS! It is totally worth seeing - one of the super special things about Disney in December.

billysmommy
07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
DO NOT skip the Osborne family lights at DHS! It is totally worth seeing - one of the super special things about Disney in December.

Thank you :) I'd forgotten those were at that time also. We'll make a trip over there one evening. We're going to be at the Boardwalk so it will be an easy boat ride :)

egoldber
07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
It only about a 20 minute very pleasant walk to DHS from the Boardwalk. And it is generally much faster to walk than to take the boat.

billysmommy
07-02-2009, 02:26 PM
It only about a 20 minute very pleasant walk to DHS from the Boardwalk. And it is generally much faster to walk than to take the boat.

We walked it a couple times when we stayed there in January but the boys both LOVE the boat :)