PDA

View Full Version : pack 'n play sheets?

PMJ
07-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm getting the following Pack'n Play: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2786140.

My questions: 1) Should I buy some sheets when the baby will use this for a play pen?

2) If I do not use sheets, and if the baby has an accident in the play pen, is this design easy to clean?

First time mother,

pastrygirl
07-01-2009, 08:36 PM
You'll need sheets for the bassinet, too. It's the same mattress for the bassinet and the play yard -- it's just set up higher in bassinet mode.

I loved the Kushies brand of play yard sheets. They are soft flannel and have elastic all around. :)

RMessinger
07-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I was just about to ask if the PNP main part and bassinet take the same size sheets. But you seem to have answered that. My SIL is getting us the Silhouette one in Townsend. Also, would you suggest a mattress pad/protector in case the little guy spits up or the diaper leaks?

Clearly I'm starting to get a little nervous about this upcoming event! 7 more weeks!

:bouncy::bowdown:

smiles33
07-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I second the Kushies flannel sheets as they're so soft and MUCH better than the rough/stiff Graco PNP sheets. If your PNP has a changing station, I'd get sheets for that, too, so it's not bare skin on cold vinyl. I also bought the Snoozy organic waterproof PNP mattress cover (and an extra when the other is in the wash) in case of diaper leaks. Sadly, both my DD refused to sleep in the PNP so most of it was never used (just the changing table sheets, but I used lap pads on top of the sheets so only the baby's head touched the sheet).

I'm actually trying to sell my PNP, Kushies sheets, and Snoozy covers. You're not in the SF Bay Area are you? :)

BayGirl2
07-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I would suggest a couple of sheets. We have a PnP and a co-sleeper, they take the same size sheets. We started with 3 sheets and our NB seems to wet them constantly. (We decided early on not to change for spit up, only poop or pee.) It seems like at least 2 are dirty at any given time, so we just bought a 4th sheet. We have a mattress pad, but I'm not sure its worth it. FWIW, I don't think my baby can tell the difference between the softer sheets and the
scratchy ones, he's on his back all the time anyway, but the softer, organic ones are nicer for MY peace of mind.

We also got covers for the PnP changing table and they are good to have. Again, started with 2, soon bought 2 more since they get dirty fast.

lowrioh
07-02-2009, 09:07 AM
When DD was in the bassinet and the mattress is very easy to wipe down. At the time we had a Travel Lite Pack N play and it didn't take the standard size sheets.
I got sheets and a mattress pad when she was 5 months old because we were using a normal size pack n play exclusively for about a month while we were traveling and I thought she would sleep better with a slightly softer surface.
If I were to do it again, I would start using sheets from the get go.