PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy water bottles ARE stainless steel

american_mama
07-02-2009, 04:53 AM
I posted a few days about Old Navy water bottles and the consensus seemed to be that they were aluminum. But I just noticed there is a tag on the ones I bought this week that says "100% stainless steel" and the flip side says "18/8 stainless steel... does not use BPA in the manufacturing process... not for use with hot liquids or the microwave." The bottom is stamped "Made from high-quality food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, made in China."

So, given that, are there remaining concerns, or are they a great buy? They are $5 and I got mine at 15% off.

As an aside, are the fancier other brands of stainless steel bottles NOT made in China?

infomama
07-02-2009, 05:39 AM
As an aside, are the fancier other brands of stainless steel bottles NOT made in China?
Sigg bottles are made in Switzerland

vludmilla
07-02-2009, 07:50 AM

But Sigg bottles are made out of aluminum. Kleen Kanteen bottles, which are stainless steel and very popular, are made in China. Btw, I'm one of the pp's who avoids aluminum and I use KK's.

Melaine
07-02-2009, 08:29 AM
I would say that that's a pretty good deal, and definitely worth a try for SS bottles. Let us know how you like them.

And, yes, KKs are MIC, but I still love them!

nofeea
07-02-2009, 12:50 PM

I saw a display if Siggs yesterday... half said made in Switzerland and half had little tags that said "Made in China"... had me very confused.