PDA

View Full Version : Calling all "scrapbookers"...and anyone else who can help!

happymom
07-02-2009, 11:32 PM
This may be a shot in the dark, but I figured I'll try.....I'm making DH a calendar (Costco.com) for his B-day with pics of him and DD. Anyways, I need some cute sayings to put under the pics- just short little one-liners. And I'm coming up blank for some of them! Don't want it to be too cheesy, although it prob will be to some extent. Any good websites you can recommend for ideas? I googled it, but didnt find anyhting too great. Anyone have any go-to website for this?

Thanks!

kayte
07-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Peasoup from Two Peas in A Bucket

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/library.asp

hth

shawnandangel
07-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I get a lot of sayings from

http://www.quoteland.com

hth!!

infomama
07-03-2009, 12:01 AM
It's hard to say since we don't have the pictures to look at and don't know the backstory of each photo. But based on my experience doing photo books I have used simple phrases like "daddy's girl" and "my hero", sometimes quotes found in Bartletts and other times I use a sentence that directly applies to the picture (ex. "sweet dreams" under a picture of them sleeping together) .

I like this one too
"I don't need anyone to tell me about heaven
I look at my daughter, and I believe."

Almost forgot...one of my fav songs is Paul Simon's Father and Daughter "As long as one and one is two there could never be a father who loved his daughter more than I love you"

happymom
07-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks for yor replies and links. I basically need short, cute one-liners (as opposed to more poetic stuff) for simple pictures. Funny would be best. I already am using a bunch of common ones- for picture of DD sleeping peacefully on DH, I wrote- "Sleeping Beauty". Picture of DH holding brand new DD all swaddled, I wrote "bundle of joy". Yeah, I know, typical. The cute ones are- picture of DH holding DD on lap while playing guitar and both are wearing pj's, I wrote- "jammin' in jammies". For picture of DH feeding DD her first bottle of EBM, I wrote- "I wonder if this comes in other flavors?" (got that from a website)

So now that I've rambled, maybe you have an idea of what I'm looking for? The pics I'm having trouble with are the ones where nothing is really HAPPENING. Just DD and DH hanging out on the bed. Or DD on DH lap outside on porch etc

Ideas? I checked out those websites btw, but wasnt too successful. Couldnt figure out how to sort by topic.