PDA

View Full Version : Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center???

mjanderson
07-03-2009, 04:07 PM
We are expecting the birth of our third chid in November and have been looking at swings.

Does anyone have the Graco Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Center? How is it?

What is the best swing these days????

lorinick
07-03-2009, 04:12 PM
We loved it, I think the feature are the best on the market. We used it alot in the first few months with the car seat on the frame. It was a nice thing to have. We never connected an Mp3 or IPOD to the swing.

I also really liked my friends Little Lamb swing as well. You just couldn't put your own swing on the frame. But it's very nice. We like the swings that go front to back and side to side the best.

catpagmo
07-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I bought DS the My Little Lamb swing, and it has been wonderful! It doesn't plug in, but that has not been an issue for me yet. I'm still using the original batteries I put in about 2 months ago. It goes front to back and side to side. It's a great swing!

I wish I would have had this when DD was little!

codex57
07-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I dunno how many other swings have this (when the SweetPeace came out, it was like the only one), but it has an a/c adaptor. No need for batteries. That's pretty awesome.

DS loves his. He's too big for it now, but he still likes the music and noises. We like it cuz we don't have an iPod stereo and the SP is actually pretty good as one. The speaker is quite loud and clear.

sidmand
07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I loved the Sweetpeace, unfortunately DD did not. She liked the Fisher Price Aquarium swing (which we luckily found a second one on Craigslist).

Once we had rechargeable batteries (and eventually she didn't even need it to swing, she just sat/slept in it anyway!) it wasn't bad.

DS used it too. I know someone else who did/had the exact same thing...they bought their DD the Sweetpeace swing and their DD only liked the aquarium one and they actually ended up buying mine on Craigslist when I was done! The Sweetpeace can move a few different ways and it's great that it takes a carseat (and plugs in, of course!), but it doesn't do the sort of up and down motion that the aquarium and papasan swings do and that's what DD liked.

Sadly, it's kind of one of those things you won't know until DC takes a liking or disliking to.

BTW, it was one of the only things we purchased brandnew for DD! I figured she should at least get a new swing.

KrisM
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
We loved it. He napped in it for months.

Staraglimmer
07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED ours! At first I wasn't sure that I wanted to spend the money, but WOW, I am glad that we did!!!!!! The very best part is that if you have a Graco infant seat, you can snap it into the base and use it as the
"swing" part. So when your DC falls asleep in the car, you can help him/her to continue to sleep inside. I also loved that this seat vibrated, which my DD loved. I also liked the music options (although I never found it necessary to use the ipod option.) I liked that there were so many sound options and that they sounded better than my regular swing. Anyway, this was my absolute favorite baby item (oh, and the no batteries was awesome). HTH