PDA

View Full Version : installing britax marathon

boilermakermom
07-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I am trying to install DD new carseat (britax marathon) in our jeep grand cherokee. she is only 11 months so it needs to be RF.

When my husband put it in, he used the Versa Tether, and it has two long straps on each side of the car seat which go over the back bench seat. This makes it difficult to get her into the car seat. And it makes me think we didn't install it properly.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is this how it is supposed to go in??

Thanks!

bubbaray
07-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Ahh, RFg tethering. The method you describe (RFg tethering to the FFg tether anchor) is called the Australian method. It is allowed by Britax, but frankly, not many people use it b/c its a PITA -- hard to get the child in/out.

Most people who RF tether (only allowed for Britax seats and Sunshine Kids Radians) use the Swedish Method, whereby you find something in the row in front of the row the restrain is in to tether to. Like the seat track of the seat in front, etc. It depends on the car you have where a good tether point is. And, in some vehicles in some positions, there just isn't an appropriate RFg tether point.

RFg tethering is optional, so if you can't find a good tether point, you don't have to do it. It is really nice to do if you can, though.

Here are some photos: http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html

PS -- people, if you are gonna take pics as examples, can ya vacuum your cars?? Ewwww.

vonfirmath
07-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Honestly, bubbaray? I'm just happy the pictures are out there. Those do not look bad at all.