PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so frickin' cold...

MontrealMum
07-04-2009, 06:01 PM
...and when is it going to stop raining? Seriously, it's July and it's in the mid-60s, going down to 55 tonight. I HATE the hot humid summers we normally get, but this is too far in the other direction. Those of you in the midwest, please tell me you're sending some nicer weather our way soon.

kristenk
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I'll trade you some days in the 100s for some 60s. I'll even throw in mornings in the 90s for free!

alexsmommy
07-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Uh-huh, but you are in Canada. It's Independance Day here and this is the ONLY day this week it has been or will be rainy and cold. So your weather came down here on one of the biggest outdoor bbq days in the country! Grrrr. Normally I'd be outside having mojitos with friends and instead I'm under a blanket checking out the boards and we got rained on coming back from our towns parade.
It was rainy and cold for the first three weeks of June but it finally got better - downright hot (90's) and then in the 80's - so hang in there - it should get better soon.

Now to go find sweatshirts to put over the boys oh-so-cute sleeveless 4th outfits and find the outdoor blanket with the waterproof lining since this is the first year DS1 wants to go watch the fireworks up close.

Melaine
07-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I'll trade you some days in the 100s for some 60s. I'll even throw in mornings in the 90s for free!

:yeahthat:

MontrealMum
07-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I'll take a little of the warm weather if, combined, it will make it a balmy 80 here :)

Actually, even though I'm in Canada, we have summers that are as hot, if not hotter, than many parts of the US given the base temp + humidex. It could easily be 90+ here this time of the year - not that I want that either!

eidean
07-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't think we're going to get many fireworks tonight, we've been getting thunderstorms in the afternoons/evenings for the last week. I'll be feeding DS and getting him into bed at that time anyway, but lots of people will be disappointed if it's too wet to light the sky on fire.

I'll try to send you about 10-15 degrees of the 90+ we're supposed to be getting next week!

BabyMine
07-04-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll send some horrid humity ridden 95 degree weather if you send some cold this way.

MontrealMum
07-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Maybe we should all just make a trade :D

I hope people's fireworks aren't rained out tonight. We can often see the ones in VT from here when it's clear, but I don't think we'll see any tonight.