PDA

View Full Version : Bathing at Grandparents

eml569
07-04-2009, 06:04 PM
My LO is almost 12 weeks and will be spending the weekends at my in-law's home once I go back to work next weekend. He has to be bathed every other night due to his eczema (I've tried spacing it out more, but his skin needs the more frequent baths). We have one of those baby bath systems from Safety 1st (tub, frog sponge for newborn, and infant sling for use until baby can sit up). What would you rec for use at the grandparent's house? OR is there something else you rec altogether? We can always give ours to my in-laws and get something new for us ;)
Thanks!

Canna
07-04-2009, 08:06 PM
The simplest might be to just have one of you hop in the tub with him. You could also put a folded towel on the bottom of the tub for cushioning and lay the baby on it with just a tiny bit of water in the tub. Also consider giving a bath in the kitchen sink. We never used any kind of special bath equipment with DD#1 - we just took baths with her or used our sink.

Melaine
07-04-2009, 08:10 PM
This is one of my favorite items to date:
http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1246752554&sr=8-1

I would particularly recommend it for grandparents who sometime seem a little apprehensive about bathing. I LOVE this tub, we used it until the girls were nearly 2!

jgenie
07-04-2009, 08:45 PM
This is one of my favorite items to date:
http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1246752554&sr=8-1

I would particularly recommend it for grandparents who sometime seem a little apprehensive about bathing. I LOVE this tub, we used it until the girls were nearly 2!

I would recommend this tub too - I would feel comfortable having someone else bathe DS if they were using this tub.

hillview
07-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I would recommend this tub too - I would feel comfortable having someone else bathe DS if they were using this tub.

:yeahthat:
Love it!
/hillary

SnuggleBuggles
07-05-2009, 07:51 PM
I just got in with my ds. Fast and easy.

I'm surprised about the bathing frequency and eczema. What kind of soap (if any) are you using?

Beth

traciann
07-06-2009, 10:59 PM
We have a eurotub at home, and my mom also bought one for her house as well. Its 25 bucks and will last you 2 years at least. Its totally worth it.

sadie427
07-06-2009, 11:38 PM
If the grandparents want a baby bathtub, I'd get the Primo Eurobath for my own house and give them the Safety first one. If it's the one I'm thinking of, that's the one my parents have--it's fine, but baby outgrows it pretty quick, so not the best primary bathtub, fine for grandma's house.

But I just bathed my 4 1/2 mo old in a regular bathtub the other day with just a little water and holding on to him tightly--worked fine.

vonfirmath
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
When out of town and the baby was little, we bathed him in the kitchen sink. It worked beautifully. (put a towel in the bottom)

lbraven
07-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I agree with other posters - we just used the bathroom sink with a hand towel at the bottom when they were little at grandmas. You basically wash from head to shoulders each time they eat and from belly button to bottom each time you change a diaper, so not so much scrubbing needed for a bath, just a rinse down.